Anyone still vomiting?

iVillage Member
Anyone still vomiting?
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:24pm

Just wondering if I am the only one still throwing up at this stage of the pregnancy.  For the most part, it is just in the mornings - an evening vomiting session has become pretty rare although will still occassionally happen - but I am still throwing up more mornings than not :-(  Anyone else?  Or am I the lone sufferer?  The nausea this go-around has definitely been worse, (although nowhere near HG thank goodness) and has lasted longer by far.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I am still vomiting in the mornings in January. 

Any one know any good old midwifes tales about vomiting in pregnancy?  :-)  Always fun to speculate!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 1:09pm

Oh, Heidi, you're still vomiting? I'm so sorry :(.. I would be a miserable mess if I was still dealing with nausesa right now. I only have trouble when I brush my teeth and end up gagging 9 times out of 10.. Lovely.  I think everyone is different, but it seems to me that a lot of women end up more sick with little girls (because of the excess estrogen/progesterone maybe?).. 

I've heard that nausea and vomitting can be a sign that you're lacking in B vitamins. Is it B6? You may want to ask your doctor if you can take a supplement and see if that works. My SIL had extended ms and she said that her doc told her to take B6 and that's what finally helped her.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 4:32pm
No you are not the only one. I am still taking Zofran. Every once in a while I will try to stop (to see what happens) and I would start vomitting again. My doctor also gave me Vitamin B6 but I abandoned it. I have never been good at taking vitamins and medications on a regular basis but the Zofran is a must have right now. My doctor says if I need it until the end of my pregnancy then so be it to help me keep my food down......
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 11:00am
Oh my gosh. I feel for you!! I was sick with my boys until 7 months so I know the pain. I know that ginger helps with morning sickness, even ginger cookies, and they are pretty tasty. I'd give it a shot! I hope you feel better soon!
Photobucket