Anyone still vomiting?

iVillage Member
Anyone still vomiting?
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:24pm

Just wondering if I am the only one still throwing up at this stage of the pregnancy.  For the most part, it is just in the mornings - an evening vomiting session has become pretty rare although will still occassionally happen - but I am still throwing up more mornings than not :-(  Anyone else?  Or am I the lone sufferer?  The nausea this go-around has definitely been worse, (although nowhere near HG thank goodness) and has lasted longer by far.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I am still vomiting in the mornings in January. 

Any one know any good old midwifes tales about vomiting in pregnancy?  :-)  Always fun to speculate!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 11:00am
Oh my gosh. I feel for you!! I was sick with my boys until 7 months so I know the pain. I know that ginger helps with morning sickness, even ginger cookies, and they are pretty tasty. I'd give it a shot! I hope you feel better soon!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 4:32pm
No you are not the only one. I am still taking Zofran. Every once in a while I will try to stop (to see what happens) and I would start vomitting again. My doctor also gave me Vitamin B6 but I abandoned it. I have never been good at taking vitamins and medications on a regular basis but the Zofran is a must have right now. My doctor says if I need it until the end of my pregnancy then so be it to help me keep my food down......
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 1:09pm

Oh, Heidi, you're still vomiting? I'm so sorry :(.. I would be a miserable mess if I was still dealing with nausesa right now. I only have trouble when I brush my teeth and end up gagging 9 times out of 10.. Lovely.  I think everyone is different, but it seems to me that a lot of women end up more sick with little girls (because of the excess estrogen/progesterone maybe?).. 

I've heard that nausea and vomitting can be a sign that you're lacking in B vitamins. Is it B6? You may want to ask your doctor if you can take a supplement and see if that works. My SIL had extended ms and she said that her doc told her to take B6 and that's what finally helped her.