Baby's First Movements!

iVillage Member
Baby's First Movements!
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:47am

Fluttering, bubbles, tickling, gas -- these are all terms moms-to-be have used to describe the feeling of baby’s first noticeable movements. "Quickening" -- the technical term for this sensation -- is tough to describe since, as any mom can tell you, it feels like nothing else you've experienced. But it's often referred to in a?  loving way, like butterfly kisses or fluttering wings. It’s feeling you learn to cherish and is one of the most miraculous and enjoyable parts of pregnancy.

http://www.ivillage.com/what-babys-first-movements​-really-feel-our-community-weighs/6-a-289486?ice=...

I know some ladies here have already felt the first nudges (and everyone else is probably eagerly waiting to feel them!).  

BTDT ladies, how would you describe those first movements to a first-time mom?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 11:34am
To me, it feels like a quick brush against the front of my belly. Sometimes, it feels like a small poke. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 10:54pm
With Wyatt it felt like bubbles. With this baby it feels like some one is running their knuckles lightly across my stomach and now I am getting little thumps and lots of rolling.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 6:44pm
Amy, I started feeling little thumps too. It's almost surprising at first because you go from not feeling much to.. WHAM a tiny little kick.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:43pm
Oh I just posted a similar post above! :smileyhappy: Whoops!

I definitely feel litte pokes or thumps. Its unmistakable. -I don't feel fluttering or bubbles or anything like that. Just distinct little thumps.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 2:48pm
I will be laying there enjoying the little rolls and like you said WHAM I get a swift kick to the belly! LOL
Photobucket