I Knew I Was in Labor When...

iVillage Member
I Knew I Was in Labor When...
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 9:55am

Once you've got your hospital bag packed, your infant car seat installed and the diapers arranged in little stacks near the changing table, waiting for the early signs of labor can drive you to distraction. Never mind that it can be hard for a first-time mom to know whether that squeeze was just another Braxton-Hicks contraction -- or the real kick-off to childbirth. And the answer that everyone gives -- "Oh, don't worry. You'll know!" -- is just not helpful at all.

Moms Reveal: "I Knew I Was in Labor When"- http://www.ivillage.com/signs-labor-how-know-its-time-delivery/6-a-392951

BTDT mamas, how did you know you were in labor with previous pregnancies?  What made you realize this was really *it*?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 10:13pm

My water broke in the middle of the night with number one. It was the strangest feeling - almost like you peed yourself and a lot like AF feeling. I did NOT feel contractions though. Not before I went to bed, and not until they started the pictocine because I was not progressing. I didn't have bloody show like other people have, nothing. Just the water breaking while I was sleeping. But it certainly did its job to wake me up. With #2 I had a planned c/sec and no feeling of being in labor ahead of time. With this one I have times where I feel so heavy - I feel like the head is hitting so low!

Photobucket