I took advil during the 2ww and now I'm freaking out

iVillage Member
I took advil during the 2ww and now I'm freaking out
Fri, 06-08-2012 - 2:04pm

I had a bad headache about 4 dpo and without thinking I took 2 advil.  Now I've been reading online how you especially shouldn't take advil during the 2ww because it can interfere with implantation, cause early miscarriage, and birth defects.  So I'm officially freaked out and mad at myself.  What do you guys think?  Do you think since it was only 2 advils, that I'm okay?  Any BTDT's ever taken advil during this time and still have a healthy baby at the end?  Ugh, wish I didn't have to stress about this!

-Lindsay

iVillage Member
Re: I took advil during the 2ww and now I'm freaking out
Sun, 06-10-2012 - 9:43pm
Thanks for the input, ladies! I did some searching on this topic on other message boards through google and feel much better! Most people say not to worry, that only 2 won't hurt. I read several posts from ladies who had taken advil, and their babies were just fine. :smileyhappy: One lady had take 7 during the 2ww and all was well. So I feel much better now...especially since it was only two advils! I'm just going to make sure not to take anymore and I'll mention it to my dr at my appt.
Community Leader
I am just a lurker here but wanted to tell you to please not worry. I took advil just before I got my BFP with DD (after an IVF cycle no less...) - it was that or just want to die from the horrible migraine I had. I have 3 children and have only given in to advil a few times while pregnant but I think everything will be just fine for you.......My fertility clinic doctor told me that Advil can mess with ovulation (and at one point they considered marketing it as birth control!)...I found this for you online...

"While the effects of Advil during pregnancy are not known, it is thought that taking it during the last three months can lead to birth defects, according to Drugs.com."

If you have your BFP, I would be happy and celebrate and please don't worry too much.
Jasmine
CL - TTC and BF'ing Board
Community Leader
p.s My daughter is now 1 and just perfect! I promise :smileywink: