Level II sonogram and servical length

iVillage Member
Level II sonogram and servical length
Sat, 09-14-2013 - 7:16am

I got to an obgyn that is in a building that has a lab and ultrasound there.  When I would make an ultrasound appointment they would know exactly what the doctor wanted.  I go to make my next appt for between two to three weeks, i'm 17 weeks and exciting to find out the sex of the baby.  They tell me that they no longer take my insurance.  So my doctor gave me a referral to go to an outside place.  When I called I told him what he wrote on the refferal "Second semester sonogram with cervical lenth".  The lady seemed confused why does he want you to have that she asked.  I don't know I thought it was normal.  So she sets me up for a level II sonogram and then a cervical length appointment  because that is what they do there.  I was reading about the level II it sounds like it is for more high risk pregnancys and I am not high risk everything is good.  I just hope I have the right appointment.  I am also dissapointed because I feel like I'm finding out the sex later than most people.  I will be 20 weeks at this sonogram and havent had one since 12 weeks.  I'm so anxious I just thought it would be sooner.  Anyone else have to have the level II?  Does it sound normal and is 20 weeks late to find out the sex?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 12:23pm
Hi there! I just wanted to share a link with you to the February 2014 Expecting Club. I'm guessing that's where you wanted to post this. You'll likely get more feedback there! February 2014 EC- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/pregnancy-parenting/expecting-clubs/february-2014-expecting-club

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 12:23pm
Hi there! I just wanted to share a link with you to the February 2014 Expecting Club. I'm guessing that's where you wanted to post this. You'll likely get more feedback there! February 2014 EC- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/pregnancy-parenting/expecting-clubs/february-2014-expecting-club

photo snowsiggy.png