Sex During Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sex During Pregnancy
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 9:49am

Imagine going 9 months without sex. Wait-why would you ever want to do that? Pregnancy doesn't mean sex is out of the question-in fact, that's when many women find themselves wanting it more than ever.

Sex positions during pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/sex-positions-during-pregnancy/6-a-126791?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

Safe sex during pregnancy: 10 things you need to know- http://www.ivillage.com/safe-sex-during-pregnancy-10-things-you-need-know/6-a-144557?ice=iv:mb:msg:k...

How has your sex drive been since you've become pregnant?  Any tips you'd share for keeping passion alive throughout your pregnancy?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 10:10pm

This time around has been a little different so far, but with my son our sex life never even slowed down, much less stop!  And it took on a sweeter tone too, especially once I started showing.  And then it got downright comical once my belly required us to get, uhm, creative.  :smileywink:  I loved it, not only for the obvious reasons, but because it let me know that he still found me attractive & sexy & desirable, even when I felt like a beached whale, and it made me FEEL good about myself & my body! 

With this pregnancy though, I've been so tired & the nausea normally hits hard in the evenings so things have def slowed down, not stopped, just really slowed. But I'm sure that once this phase is over with, we'll get right back in the swing of things though ... that's just us.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 11:46am

I've been on pelvic rest since 4 weeks, so no sex for us. My poor husband is having a rough time of it :smileywink:.. Honestly though, it's kind of a relief having the excuse. I've been so sick that the thought of trying makes me feel even more ill. I promised him that we would go for it on our honeymoon. I'll be 12 weeks by then and weaning myself off the progesterone pills, so I should be feeling better... Hopefully,

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 12:55pm
I agree that it makes you feel so much better about yourself and your body. You feel huge and gross and to know that your DH still finds you attractive is so encouraging. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket