TEAM.....(drumroll).......

iVillage Member
TEAM.....(drumroll).......
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 11:57pm

Well, my mothers intuition was COMPLETELY wrong... We're having a....GIRL!!!!!

I'm completely shocked.. I felt certain it was a little boy, but I'm extremely excited.  The only thing I'm bummed about is the reaction from DH's family friends.  This is girl #6 on his side of the family and there currently no boys, so everyone is saying things like "oh no, not another one!" and "Of COURSE it's a girl.. That's the only gender that your family produces"... Seriously, people? Rudeness. They can't dim my excitement though :)..

We decided that we wanted to be alone when we found out the gender, so we had the doctor write it in an envelope and we took a drive down by the river and opened it up. I'm glad we did because it was a lovely day and made a lovely memory.. Here's DH walking down to the water before the moment of truth :)

Upload a File: 
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 12:01am

Whoops! I posted this in the wrong folder. I'm all mixed up with the changes.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 10:26am

Congratulations!!  And who cares what others think about baby's gender?  I mean really ... people need to keep their rude/thoughtless comments to themselves.  :)  I'm so glad that you didn't let it diminish your excitement though!  Congrats again & welcome to Team PINK!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:27am
Amber, that is the sweetest thing! I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats on the baby girl!! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 11:36am
Congrats on team pink! I'm so happy for you! That's great that you and DH could take the envelope and look at it in private!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:14am

That is really awesome - congratulations!!  I like how you and your DH decided to open the envelope in private, just the two of you.  It seems kind of romantic actually!  Congrats!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 3:05pm

Dont feel too bad. Its the same thing in my family. I have 3 girls with a girl on the way, sister has 2 girls, brother has a girl. A big thing though is from the start I was hoping for another girl. It was actually my oldest daughter who was most disappointed. For some reason she really wanted a baby brother. I wouldnt know what to do with a boy, and there are so many cute clothes for girls.. non stop options with them! You can always tell people if they want a boy in the family they can try for one ;) Enjoy your little girl! They sure are a blessing!