14 week appointment

iVillage Member
14 week appointment
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 11:36am

I forgot to add my appointment update yesterday. After many crappy appointments this pregnancy, I have to say this was the BEST appointment I've had so far. For starters, I only gained 1lb this month. I could have swore I was up at least 5 or 6 but I was pleasantly surprised! Second, I asked my doctor how far overdue he'd allow me to go since I'm shooting for a vba2c, and he said 43 weeks! Although, I probably won't go past 42, just because it makes me nervous. And last, I found out I only have to pay $840 for my delivery fee for this doctor(that doesnt include the hospital fee). At my first appointment, they gave me the cost breakdown and before insurance the fee was $3900 so only paying $840 is AWESOME, to say the least.

And, the baby is going great. We got to hear the HB, 155bpm. So, since it's still much higher than both of my boys were(they were in the 120s throughout the pregnanices) I'm still hopeful for my little princess. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 5:44pm
I'm glad the appointment was so awesome and that you got some great news!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:40pm
Glad that everything is going well. I'm still not sure how much we'll end up paying. They gave us a quote but DH just got approved again for his insurance and he wants me to be on his as well as what I'm on through my work. The office said it often makes it so you don't owe much of anything. His insurance is included through his union benefits and there is no cost to add me onto his plan. I'm interested to see though if they will consider pg a pre-existing condition.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:26pm
Yay! Glad you had a great appointment :smileyhappy: sounds like baby is doing well!
Alicia Mom to Logan - Jan 9, 2005 and Colby - Oct 15, 2008