3rd times a charm!

iVillage Member
3rd times a charm!
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:33am

So after 2 failed attempts to get all of the measurements & see everything that they needed to, the ultrasound tech was finally able to complete the anatomy scan on try #3 this past Friday!  We got to see baby girl sucking her thumb & a good side profile and even a few glimpses of her face & it looks like she already has "fluffy" lips, just like her big brother does!  :)  And this time the tech was able to get the gender shot (although we've known, I still wanted the "It's a Girl" u/s print out, and when I couldn't figure out exactly what I was looking for she said "Look -- there's her hamburger!"  and I lost it and got a case of the giggles.  Apparently in u/s speak they call little boys "turtles" and little girls "hamburgers" when they're looking at their little parts.  I don't know why but this just cracked me up!!  Oh, and for some reason it seemed like a real privacy invasion to be taking pictures of her little girl bits and printing them off, when it didn't bother me at all with DS - not sure why, it just did. 

Anyway, she looks healthy & is growing right on schedule.  Can't believe how fast these first 24 weeks have flown by!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:00pm

Yay!! It looks like my little girl has fluffy lips too.. Just like her daddy! I always told him that his lips were the reason why I married him.. Haha.. Congrats on finally getting a good glimpse of her :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:00pm

Yay!! It looks like my little girl has fluffy lips too.. Just like her daddy! I always told him that his lips were the reason why I married him.. Haha.. Congrats on finally getting a good glimpse of her :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:04pm
Congrats! I'm glad you finally got all the measurements. I can understand the privacy thing about little girls because to me they just seem so delicate! ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:09pm

That's awesome!  It sounds like you are going to have a real active little on there - three u/s to get the measurements?  My goodness!! 

Wait till you have to change her little girl poopy diapers - If you think you are invading her privacy now...  LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 9:04am
I am glad they finally got everything they needed. I am so afraid we will fail at that again next week. We didn't get everything at 20 weeks. My 3D ultrasound failed because she is stubborn. We will see how it goes in a week.
Photobucket