CVS scheduled for next Tuesday ... NERVOUS!

iVillage Member
CVS scheduled for next Tuesday ... NERVOUS!
Wed, 07-18-2012 - 9:15am

I had my second Dr appt this past Fri & because I'm over 35 (will be 37 when baby is born) my doc offered me the option of going directly to an amnio or CVS & bypassing the NT screening and those types of tests.  I had the screening done with my first & it came back with a high probability of Downs so I ended up with an early amnio (which came back as perfectly healthy, and he is).  So this go 'round I decided to not put myself through the stress of possibly getting another "positive" screening (which really put me on edge last time, needless to say) and go straight for the actual genetic testing.  I was all set for an amnio, but when the office called me on Monday they offered me the option of a CVS test instead, which can be done at 11 weeks instead of 16 like an amnio.  I am NOT a patient person so I opted to go that route this time.  But now I'm super nervous!!  I know what to expect with an amnio, but I don't with the CVS & I am a big wimp!  :smileyhappy:  Has anyone had the CVS test done??  How does it compare to an amnio? 

The good thing is that I only have to worry until the 24th and then the test will be over & I should have the results (praying for one more healthy baby here!!) in a week after the testing. 

But still ... NERVES!!  Ugh!  It's not helping my nausea any either!  :smileysad:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Re: CVS scheduled for next Tuesday ... NERVOUS!
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 5:51pm
So glad everything went well. That's awesome that you get to find out early what the gender is! Congrats on team pink!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 10:36pm
I'm so glad everything went well for you! Congrats on your healthy baby girl :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:15am

Congrats! I was just thinking about you cause I hadn't heard any news! 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:30pm
Thank you much!! I've already started filling up the closet with frilly baby girl stuff too. :-)
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:26am

I am late replying here - for some reason I just noticed the new responses.  But Congrats!!!  What a relief and congratulations on the Baby girl!!  That is so exciting.  Congrats again!

Photobucket