Had my U/S today!

iVillage Member
Had my U/S today!
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 3:15pm

Today was the big 20 week ultrasound!  We asked the tech to turn off the screen so we are still team green.  I am excited because this baby isn't huge like Collyn was at this point (he was born at 10 pounds!)....so far growth is normal.  My fluid was normal (was high with Collyn).  I gained 8.5 pounds. 

Only slight problem is that there are 1cm cysts on the baby's brain but I am told these almost always go away on their own.  I follow up in 1 month to see.

Overall so excited about this pregnancy.....crazy how you can love someone you've never met sooo much! :smileyhappy:

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 2:52pm
Very true, I guess it would make a difference if they are born in different seasons! Personally I don't like buying gender neutral things for friends' showers, so I guess that makes sense. I usually lean towards something else on the registry if I don't know the gender! I'm very excited that you're going team green, it seems like not many couples want to wait to know anymore!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 8:23pm

Dina --

Good thinking!  However my thinking with the first is that I wanted my registry items, not a million pieces of clothing (I know, bratty me).  And it worked because I guess people don't enjoy buying gender neutral things LOL.  And I am happy now for  the gender neutral things we do have... but in general we can't use the same things from my son since he was a July baby & this one needs winter clothes.

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 12:33pm
Jackie, I'm so glad everything went well. It's probably nice to hear this baby is not measuring on the larger side like your son. I wouldn't be crazy about a 10 pound baby, especially for my first! Glad everything went well and yay for team Green!!! We're finding out with this baby, but I sorta want to go team green with the next baby. I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I guess I don't want to have a whole closet full of neutral clothes and we'll be having a baby shower. For the second baby I think it won't matter since we won't be having a shower and will hopefully have clothes for the newborn stage and can buy gender specific clothes after the baby is born.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 11:03am
I'm having mine Monday too!!! I think the anticipation might kill me before then. lol I actually had it scheduled for last week but totally missed it. I've been having crazy memory problems. Between me and my son we had 3 appts last Thursday but I only remember scheduling one and even that I had the wrong time written down. Mommy + pregnancy brain = one clueless woman walking around :smileyhappy:
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 10:46am
Only 2 more days! Monday is the big day. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 6:11pm

See I am fine not finding out.  It doesn't bother me AT ALL!  HOWEVER, if a friend doesn't find out it drives me insane!  Glad I find out if you get pink news next week :smileyhappy:

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 4:03pm
Congrats Jackie. Glad to hear everything went well! I'm dying with anticipation to know what you're having!!
Photobucket