MFM app

iVillage Member
MFM app
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 9:35pm

Hey everyone! I've been MIA for the last week, things have been a little crazy here. Dh is in Panama for work, and my oldest was at boy scout camp for the last week. My aunt came to visit so I haven't had a chance to update on my Maternal Fetal Medicine app that I had last Wed. I was mostly going about the gd issue they thought I might be developing. They had me meet with a dietician and gave me a glucose monitor for me to check 4 times a day. So far, since Wed the only reading that was above what they wanted was today. 142, and they want it under 140. So not bad. Im hoping I can blame Mcdonals for that one! lol!

But, they did bring up the antibodies that they discovered that I have from my type and screen. They wanted me to have it drawn again at their hospital to see if anything has changed. In the meantime, I spoke to the Blood Bank supervisor at the hospital that I work at, she said that it didn't seem that bad. Dh has to be tested also to see if he has the same antibodies that I have. If so, then we can run into problems. That's what the supervisor told me. However, since then, my doctor called me back and told me that my levels were 1 to 8. Don't really know what that means, but the said the next step it would go to is 1 to 16. If it reaches that then I have to have a u/s doppler of the baby's brain. I have to be redrawn in 4 weeks to see if there are any changes. Has anyone every had anything like this?? I really don';t understand a lot about it, but I'm trying to stay calm about it, and pray the levels stay the same. 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: pinkheatherc
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 11:45pm
So glad everything was great in ur case. Praying the same for mine. The antibody issue is not rh. I have to take dh next week for his bw and hopefully we will know more then. This third time around is really taking a toll on me, it's weird that I have all these issues going on, most of the time I don't even feel pg. Hardly any ms or anything. Have an app tomorrow at the ob, and so nervous I'm not going to hear the hb. Once I hear it, I think I will feel a little better!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 4:43pm

I've been MIA as well because I was out of town but I am back and trying to be more active.

I wouldn't worry too much, it is probably more precautionary than anything.  I would think they could give you some type of drug or shot to bring the antibody levels down - is it a rH factor thing? 

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was measuring ahead quite a bit so I had to go in and have an ultrasound and I was told that I was carrying excess amniotic fluid - polyhydramnios - and on top of that, the baby's bladder looked enlarged and the head of the MFM department told me "in all his 30 years of practice, he had never seen excess fluid with enlarged bladder" and it would have to be monitored and all this stuff and it freaked me out BIG TIME.  I saw him again two weeks later and I asked him for more details, and he goes "Well just because I haven't seen it before doesn't mean it is a PROBLEM, I see new stuff every day with the advances in Ultrasound technology!"  I could've hit him for being so dense about his original statements to me that he got me so upset just to tell me two weeks later not to worry about it.  Anyway, all this is to say is that doctors are sometimes not the best communicators of what to worry about and what not to.  And DD was fine, she tinkled the second she came out ;-) 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 10:48pm
Thanks! There r very welcome!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 9:01pm
Sorry that I'm not very good to give info on that, but I'm sending lots of PT&P's your way!

Photobucket