Rough Ultrasound Tech

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Rough Ultrasound Tech
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 12:52pm

I had my ultrasound done this morning for my first trimester screening. I was so excited to see the baby moving all over the place and jumping around.  Unfortunately this movement did not work for the ultrasound tech. She would make comments about wow this one is a jumper and this one is so stubborn because she could not get the pics she needed for the doctor. She decided to BUMP the baby around to get my little peanut to cooperate with her. She put the probe thingy on my belly and pushed it up and down really hard and really fast. She continued to do this for the next 10 minutes! I finally had enough when I was watching the screen and could see my baby being shaken around in there. She said don't worry the baby is protected in there and is not getting hurt.

I don't understand how that could be ok for the baby if you can see them shaking all around... Finally she decided she could not get the pictures she needed and got another tech to come in who was able to finish up right away.

Please tell me if I am overreacting due to hormones but I was so angry. Now all I can think about it the shaking baby syndrome and my little one isn't even out yet!

Sorry for the rant but you wait so long for an ultrasound and it stinks when you can't even enjoy it!!

Thanks for listening :smileyhappy:

Michelle

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 3:52pm

Sorry it was horrible! While it was really crappy that she was so rough, the baby really will be okay. You will do lots of movement or the next 6+ months and he/she really is protected. 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 6:18pm
I would have been pretty ticked too. Obviously, she didnt know what she was doing since the other tech came in and finished right up. I agree with Ashley though, I think the baby will be just fine. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 6:47pm
I had my u/s today also. The tech had to push a bit on me too. Doesn't seem as much as yours, but then she laid the table back so that my feet were way over my head! Thought I was going to slide off the table! Lol! She said at this time (14 weeks) it's the hardest time to get a good measurement.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 1:42pm

There is nothing wrong with being an overprotective momma! I probably woulda tattled too. :smileywink:

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 10:57pm
I don't think you're overreacting, I wouldn't want to have my baby shaken around either! Sorry they were so rough with you and your LO.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 12:32pm

Sorry she was rough with you. Was it painful to you at all? It sounded more painful to you than it was for the baby. With my DS he was super active during my 1st u/s (which was just preview of his overall personality btw) and instead of getting all crazy with me like that we just rescheduled another u/s for a week or 2 later. Which was just fine with me because I can never have enough u/s. We went in and baby cooperated the next time and things went on. It's to bad they couldn't have done that for you.

Photobucket