Such a neat appointment!

iVillage Member
Such a neat appointment!
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 2:45pm

Had my appointment for this month last night with my midwife. My husband was able to go and meet her and hear the heartbeat, so that was pretty awesome.  Apparently my blood work came back fabulous and I'm healthy as a horse :smileyhappy:..

While my midwife was feeling around my uterus trying to find the top of it, the baby kicked her. She got all excited and grabbed my hand and pushed on the spot that she felt it, and sure enough, the baby gave me two swift kicks :smileyhappy:.. That's the first time I've felt the baby from the outside! I've only felt a couple kicks this last week (at least, what I think are kicks) so I was SUPER excited to get to experience that.  

I wrote this part on another post, but I'll put it here too.. My midwife couldn't find the top of my uterus and asked me if I was sure about my dates. I told her I was, and she said that my uterus isn't where it's supposed to be and I needed to get a scan to make sure that it wasn't twins. My husband almost had a heart attack, hahaha...She FINALLY found it after digging around for a while and said that I'm measuring a bit bigger, but we'll see at my 20 week scan. Yikes! She said there's more than likely just one in there since I'm pretty close to where I should be, but I guess we'll see.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:32pm
Yay! Congrats on the kicks :smileyhappy: glad you had a great appointment :smileyhappy:
Alicia Mom to Logan - Jan 9, 2005 and Colby - Oct 15, 2008
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:36pm
Yay, I'm glad your appointment went well. I go next week and I can't wait to hear the HB again and know that everything is going well.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:18am
Wow you felt them from the outside too? That's so awesome! I'm jealous! I've been poking around to see if I can feel a good hard kick from the outside but it hasn't happened yet. Also, glad to hear your bw came back good!!
Photobucket