Consuming Your Placenta- Yay or Nay?

iVillage Member
Consuming Your Placenta- Yay or Nay?
Wed, 08-21-2013 - 1:08pm

Upon hearing this for the first time I’m sure most people are pretty grossed out BUT more and more modern women are saying yes to this question every day.

Northeast Doulas receives, on average 8-15 calls per week and numerous email requests per month for information on this newly popular birth related service, Placenta Encapsulation.

Why? I’ll tell you why.

Women are struggling more than ever before, after giving birth and those women are looking for an “insurance policy”.

Should You Eat Your Placenta?- https://www.rosiepope.com/blog/eat-placenta-capsule/

Anyone here plan to give this a try?  Have you tried it with previous pregnancies?  

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-22-2013 - 9:06am

I've learned to never say never... so I won't say that I will never give it a try... however, it doesn't sound like something I'd want to try.  I can totally understand the benefits, though.  Especially if someone has dealt with PPD before. 

photo danielle_zpsca0ef896.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-23-2013 - 11:51am

For me personally it isn't something i am interested in, But i fully support it as long as mother's placenta is healthy and there were no emergencies in brth or complcations. I konw we just had a dsscussion about ths on another board of mine and  alot of lades were very upset by some hospitals not allowing them to take their placenta, and I think sometimes we forget there are emergency situations still in childbirth, and it's not always somethng we can predct and guarentee, and preservng the placenta is the last thing doctors are worried about if they are trying to save you and your baby.

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-23-2013 - 11:51am

For me personally it isn't something i am interested in, But i fully support it as long as mother's placenta is healthy and there were no emergencies in brth or complcations. I konw we just had a dsscussion about ths on another board of mine and  alot of lades were very upset by some hospitals not allowing them to take their placenta, and I think sometimes we forget there are emergency situations still in childbirth, and it's not always somethng we can predct and guarentee, and preservng the placenta is the last thing doctors are worried about if they are trying to save you and your baby.

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers