2012 Pregnancy Trend: Live-Tweeting Your Labor

iVillage Member
2012 Pregnancy Trend: Live-Tweeting Your Labor
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:06am

Looking for something to keep your mind off labor in between contractions? Why not pull out your iPhone and start Tweeting your labor deets to all of your followers? This year, more and more moms have been sharing live, up-to-the-minute, labor and delivery updates via Twitter. 

The Biggest Pregnancy Trends of 2012- http://www.ivillage.com/biggest-pregnancy-trends-2012/6-b-470484#470500

What do you think of this trend? Will you be keeping friends and family members updated via social media during your labor? 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 1:06pm

I don't think I will during, but definitely after. I figured I'd have close family and friends in the waiting room anyway, so anyone beyond that would be extended so they'd know when I was ready to post something. Now, I do have an aunt who likes to post how many cm dilated, etc. on social media sites, so if people are getting immediate updates, I don't think it will be from me. I think that will be probably be the least thing I am concerned about, but you never know- I many just be one of those types, lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 1:07pm
I had a friend who actually called me during her labor which was really funny. She had a really easy labor and she'd be in mid sentence and say " ohh this is a big one". Can't say that I'd probably be posting any messages during labor, but I have a sister who never seems to be able to put her phone down, I'll probably have her posting updates early on in my labor.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 12:35pm
We did not do this. We got to the hospital around 1:30am and we did not even text our parents until around 6 or 7am to let them know I was in the hospital in labor. When we called them a couple hours after Jackson was born to tell them he was here we also posted an announcement on Facebook. We wanted to make sure we were the first ones to tell everyone and that friends and family did not find out from other friends and family on social media sites before we could even have a chance to share our news.