37w5d update: 0 dilation, 0 effacement

iVillage Member
37w5d update: 0 dilation, 0 effacement
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 10:29am
And baby's still up above even the highest station, even though from the outside it looks like he's dropped a bit.... Seems like he and I are happily in agreement about his staying in there a little longer!

LOL, I really thought I'd be more uncomfortable by this point (**knocking on wood**). I have a lot of low ligament and pelvic soreness/stiffness first thing in the morning and late in the day, but all in all I'm still having fun!

Of course, there's still labor to get through. :-) I'm quite curious about it, actually - when it will start, how it will progress.... (I did test positive for Group B Strep, so I know it will involve antibiotics, but that's about the only sure thing!)

Another appt. next Monday - I wouldn't mind seeing a *little* bit of action at that point, LOL!

Leigh edd 5/1

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 2:59pm
Leigh, glad to hear that you're both doing well. If you plan to labor unmedicated, you may want to ask about a hep lock (I think that's what it's called) to allow you to move around in labor. Kristie
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 5:54pm
Yay...your baby is cooperating with you. I still wish Taylor would have. Either way, when that baby decides to be born I hope that it is as quick and painless as possible. Only they know when their birth day is supposed to be (unless you have a scheduled cxtn). I hope you have the birth you want, but remember all that matters is that mommy and baby are healthy (if DH passes out during it, just consider it a little bit of pay-back for carrying his child (unless of course it is a serious injury...lol)).

ELV,

Holly

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 8:06pm
I'm right there with ya, sweetie! Actually I won't let them touch my cervix yet - too scared! I want to wait until 38 weeks but I know my dr will want to check me at Monday's 37 week checkup. I'm emotionally not quite ready - I'm still having nightmares about what labor will be like. Although I AM happy to say that we will be having a doula after all. Oh ya, and I finally got around to doing the hypno tapes - pretty much daily now. So in a couple more weeks I s/b ready. Right now, I'm also having a TON of ligament and pelvic pain, but other than that pretty happy too.

Pretty soon Scooter and Orion will be with us! Amazing huh?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 11:00pm
Thanks, Kristie, for the hep lock suggestion. I had never heard of it before, but it sounds great!

I've been researching GBS online (and am a little more concerned than the dr. led me to be...), and it sounds like the best course of action is to get the penicillin started sooner rather than later once I'm in labor (or once my water breaks). So, while I had originally hoped to labor at home for as long as I could, I'm now planning to head for the hospital sooner.

But the hep lock sounds perfect - I can get a dose of the penicillin, then get off the IV and move around, shower, etc., until it's time for another dose! I will definitely ask my dr. about this next week.

Thanks again,

Leigh & Scooter

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 7:46am
LOL Holly about DH passing out! Actually, I think he will do quite well with it all. I just hope *I* don't say horrible things to him in the process!

It's just as well that the birth day will be Scooter's decision. I'm a lousy decision-maker. ;-) Whatever you decide is fine with me, Scooter!

Leigh

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 7:54am
Hey Barb, that's great about the doula! I really think she'll be a great support and advocate for you during labor. Good for you on the hypno tapes too - you're doing much better than I am with them. I still think they'll be a big help, though. I hope to be able to call up all those positive thoughts and affirmations out of my subconscious when I need them, even if I can't achieve quite the same zoned-out, pain-free state of mind. :-) Hey, can you "suggest" to yourself that your ligament pain is gone??

GL Monday - hope you're still closed up tight! We have all our lives to spend with our wonderful sons - surely waiting an extra week or two to meet them shouldn't be a problem, right? ;-)

Leigh

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 2:12pm
Glad little Scooter is staying put for you! I can't wait for my 38 week appt Tues to find out if I have made any progress. We are so close either way, these babies are going to be here before we know it! My doctor said at my last appointment that Will hadn't dropped yet, but everyone is commenting on how much lower I am carrying. Glad to know I'm not the only one :)

Enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy and keep the updates coming!!!

~Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 3:26pm
Oh yeah Wendy, we are getting close!! Wonder which one of us will be posting a birth story first? :-) Keep us posted on your progress too - I hope you're still doing well! GL and ELV to you and Will!

Leigh

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 12:31am
I am soooo excited for all of you guys almost ready to deliver. I have a 7 month old DS, and although sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago, when I think of it and picture it, I remember my last few weeks like they were yesterday. I am officially a crazy woman though, because I loved my pregnancy and stayed comfortable and happy in it right up until my due date when I delivered Payton totally naturally using Hypnobirthing. The only night that I had difficulty sleeping was the night before I went into labor, but then I simply practiced my relaxation techniques and was still able to get some sleep. I really needed the practice too, I had only one five hour crash course done by my certified hypnobirthing instructor sister, earlier that day on all the diff. relaxation techniques. My labor was only about 7 hours and was such a wonderful experiance. Bravo for choosing hypnobrthg. I remember that whenever people asked my if I was getting nervous I simply told them that I didn't want to, that it was going to happen no matter how I felt and so I simply decieded to not think about it and stay happy. It worked like a charm, I was so curious about when it would happen, and then it began and I kept thinking huh, I bet I'm in labor, this is pretty exciting...Wow I'm actually in labor, this is really happening. I was able to stay joking and happy through the entire thing, in between surges of course, and even started to tell my partner what a good job he was doing and how proud I was of him, LOL. I was uncomfortable walking in my pelvis region and whenever I told my mom she would simply say, "good that means your body is working and preparing, hopefully it will get as much done as it can now, slowly and progressively. What a good way to look at it. I think it also helped that the midwives that I saw in my last few weeks never checked me. They said whether they checked me or not, it wasn't going to change anything, and they would check me only if I really wanted them to or if I was getting pretty overdue. Unless you guys really want to know, I would suggest maybe asking your doctor if they have to check. Anyways, I could really go on forever....

Congratulations all of you. I'm so happy/excited and hope that everything goes well. Hang in there, it won't be long.

Miah and Payton 9-8-02

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 7:45pm
Thanks Miah! I'm trying to take the same approach as you did to labor - curious, excited, fascinated, but *not* nervous - and I sure hope it pays off as well for me as it did for you! Hopefully the pelvic soreness I've been feeling is just what you said - a sign that my body is gradually doing what it's supposed to be doing, so that by the time I'm in labor I'll be well on my way. My dr. even offered to induce me anytime next week, and I said no, I want my body to do things on its own.

Thanks for your support!