Any ideas on HOW to share the news

iVillage Member
Any ideas on HOW to share the news
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 12:50pm
I've just found out I'm pregnant. I haven't told anyone yet, not even my husband! The reason is because he is a firefighter/paramedic and he's been at work.

Would any of you have any clever ideas on how I could break the news to him that we are pregnant!? How did you share your news?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 9:13am
Hi,

Congratulations! You must be dying to tell him. I bought my husband a card with baby feet on it and produced the three positive pregnancy tests I had taken. I took three because I couldn't believe it myself. I handed them to him and he said "what's this?" and then he opened the card that said, love from me and baby, and he said again, "what's this?" So for a moment I really thought I was married to an idiot and finally I had to just come out and say it, "I"m pregnant!!" and then he said "are you sure?" DUH! Finally when he was convinced it was real he produced the big smile and hug and I was waiting for! Have fun!

Raphaella

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 7:27am
Congrats to you!! My pregnancy was very planned, so my hubby knew I was preg before I even tested (I was temping). I waited to tell my family until 8wks (it was Christmas) & I had an early ultrasound & showed them the picture.

You could go get your DH a card and some booties to tell him. Let us know how it goes.

Kristie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 9:16pm
Congratulations!!!

I just went with "Guess what! I'm pregnant!" with my family. For my husband, I went out and bought him books about being a Daddy because I knew he would feel the need to read up on the subject!

Clever, I know! LOL!! When I first found out, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face, so there really was never any chance of me doing anything but just blurting it out!

Laura