I am so mad... m (venting good in here)

iVillage Member
I am so mad... m (venting good in here)
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 11:31am
Yesterday I was supposed to have my 36-37weeks appointment with my OB, but just before I got there my Doctor was called out with an emergency C/S. That's fine I don't mind that there was an emergency, but the hospital has other doctors on call that could have gone and done it. My doctor is the only one in the office so when he gets called out for some reason, there is no one else to cover his patients, and we have to reschedule for another day, instead of him bumping the appointment till after the c/s. The worst part is is he goes on vacation today and won't be back till next Saturday. Wich my next appointment with him had to be scheduled for the 21st... I'll be 38 weeks then!!! Even my Hubby is pissed off!!! He went and called a few other doctors to see if they would see me and no one will since I am so far along "I need to stay with my own Doctor...BLAH blah blah".

Sorry about this vent girls but this really ticked me off good! I was supposed to have my GBS test, another pap(since he lost my first one from last April), check baby's HB and fundal hight, then do my first internal. Now I must wait 11days to feel even more uncompfortable and have it all done then. I almost wish this baby comes when he's gone so I don't have to pay him another cent!!

Aleisa

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 2:31pm
Aleisa, so sorry that happened to you! Ugh. All I can do is send you some patience vibes until your next appointment. Too bad your doc doesn't have someone on-call who will see you. Kristie
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 6:39pm
Thanks barb,

I hope your feeling even better this week. Thanks for the hug, I really need it right now!! (((HUGS BACK)))

Aleisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 6:37pm
Like I said before it's not the c/s I'm mad at, it's the Doctor for making me wait 11 days for a new appointment(When I'd be 38weeks along!!!) rather than a couple hours(I would have gladly done that!!). I know you were trying to be supportive but it's was done the wrong way. I would have prefered just a sorry and a hug instead of what you wrote, but thanks for trying to cheer me up anyway.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 3:17pm
I understand your frustration and the feeling that you are not being attended to in this stage of your pg. I am sorry you are upset. However, try to put the shoe on the other foot. If your doctor called the hospital to say "Let the on-call physician handle it" and and it was you that needed that emergency C-section, you would be even more upset than you are now.

I often have to wait extra time when I go in to my dr for appts but I try to be sympathetic for the ones who are requiring his time. They might have problems that are complicated or even life threatening. I try to be thankful for what I have but sometimes it gets difficult. I wish we were all perfect, although I could never lead that charge.

I hope I didn't make you mad by pointing out the above. HUGS to you and your baby. It won't be long for you now.

TSAMS EDD 8/4/03

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 1:15pm
Grrr!!! How frustrating!! Well, we're almost there sweetie & soon the only doctor you'll have to deal with on a regular basis will be your sweet little baby's pediatrician. ((hugs))