I lost my baby

iVillage Member
I lost my baby
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 9:20am
I just wanted to let you know that we lost our baby on April 16th.

I was having lots of cramping on April 15th, and had bright red blood - my DH rushed me to L&D where they said I was 10 centimeters and my bag was about to burst. Baby was ok, his HB was 170 and he was kicking up a storm. They rushed me into emergency C-section where he was born on April 15 and lived 34 hours. He was doing fine for the first 30 hours, he was trying to breathe on his own and everything, but then he got blood in his lungs and he couldn't fight it.

I have been in a state of shock this whole week, I had no idea that this would happen to me, I had no problems through out my pregnancy and the baby was healthy. I have what is called an incompetant cervix. My cervix will start to dialate without me feeling anything, then my body will realize this is happening and I will start having contractions and go into labor. By the time this happened to me, it was too late to stop it. My OB says next time I get PG I will have a stitch put in my cervix to prevent it from dialating, and I will never have a vaginal birth, which really upset me, but at this point I will be thankful to even have another child.

My DH and I are absolutely heartbroken, I was 24 weeks and couldn't have imagined this would have happened. The only thing getting us through is knowing there is always another chance, but I miss being pregnant so much...I miss feeling him kick and I miss the beautiful feeling I felt.

I wish you all the happiness and hope you are all blessed with healthy miracles from God.

Allyson EDD 8/5 Anthony Joseph born April 15 passed April 16

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: allysonz
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 7:53pm
i am so sorry for your loss. i really hope you can pull together and try again! i dont know what i would do i if i lost mine! i am so so so so sorry!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 1:11am
I'm very sorry about your loss. I'm really out of words to say. I wish you the best of luck next time!
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 2:50pm
Oh my gosh Allyson- I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to express my sympathy. You adn your family are in my prayers-ANN
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 2:10am
Allyson sweetie. I don't know what to say. I am praying for you and your DH. Only time can heal a wound like this. I cannot even imagine. My heart and soul goes out to you.

Barb (from the TTCYFC board)

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-26-2003 - 11:40am
I am so sorry. I read your story and couldn't help but to cry. I am on my second pregnancy and currently eighteen weeks. We miscarried our first and I was just a wreck. There was nothing else I wanted more than to have my baby back or a baby. When you set yourself up for the lifestyle change and its taken away its just devestating. We became pregnante again three months later and I worry every day about this little guy. You will have a healthy happy baby. This time around we rented a doppler so we can hear the heart beat which calms me down to know she/he is still there. Good luck to you and your partner. No one understands the pain and disappointment until you go thru it.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 8:28pm
oh,honey....lots of good thoughts and prayers for you....such a tragic situation....
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:56pm
Allyson,

I am so very sorry for your and DH's loss. I will remember you all in my prayers.

Hugs,

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 10:01am

God I am crying for you here. I'm so sorry. I know nothing will make you forget this time, but I know you will be able to get pregnant again. My thoughts are with you.

Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 7:07pm
Oh Allyson,

I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say. I cannot immagine your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Emily

Emily with William, 5/30/03, and Kathryn, 10/25/06

Lilypie - Personal picture

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 4:47pm
I am so sorry, Allyson. It must be so terribly difficult for you right now. During his very short life, your little Anthony was very loved and I know you will remember him to his future brothers and sisters.

Blessings,

Allison and Rachel

Pages