Spotting & still had a healthy baby?

iVillage Member
Spotting & still had a healthy baby?
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 10:16pm
I'm only about 5 or 6 weeks along and am experiencing a tad bit of spotting without cramps, and my midwife is not concerned. I have read in books and on websites that spotting & bleeding is common, but not exactly normal. In other words, it happens to a lot of women - just none of the women I know! I feel somewhat isolated in this. I'm looking for ladies who have experienced spotting and/or bleeding and still had healthy babies. Anybody out there?
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-20-2003 - 10:17pm
Welcome & congrats to you!! My sister bled throughout her first trimester and has a very healthy and active 3yo girl. Minor spotting is normal and so is some cramping. As long as you don't have bright red blood (like AF) then you're fine. Usually brown spotting is just old blood being expelled by the uterus. Kristie
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-20-2003 - 10:01pm
Try not to worry. I have a one year old that I bled with around week 5.

Holly & Taylor

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 9:05pm
I just wanted to reassure you. My DS is 7 months old, healthy as a horse, and I bled my entire first trimester. When I first began bleeding (approximately 4-5 weeks pregnant), my doctor thought that it was implantation bleeding, but it continued for the first trimester (which was longer than it normally continues). He said implantation bleeding usually continues for a week or so. After my first trimester, the bleeding stopped and I continued on with no problems. Normal delivery and healthy baby. This also happened to one of my friends. It is so hard not to worry, I know. But please have faith - everything will work out.