20 Old Wives Tales that Predict Gender

iVillage Member
20 Old Wives Tales that Predict Gender
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:19pm

20 Old Wives Tales That Predict Gender

1. Heart rate- under 140 for a boy/over 140 for a girl… Ours has averaged 155, so Girl

2. Cravings- salty foods for a boy/sweet foods for a girl… I’ve been having serious sweet food cravings, so Girl

3. Shape of the belly- low with a small belly that sticks out for a boy/high with a big round belly for a girl… To me, I seem big, but I think I am carrying low, so I’m going to say Boy

4. Shape of Mom’s face- long and narrow face for a boy/round full face for a girl… I gain weight in my face anyway and have an oval face, but I’m going to say long and narrow, so Boy

5. Acne- if you have acne while pregnant it’s a girl… I’m definitely having more break-outs and not just on my face, so Girl

6. Dream of gender of baby- you dream the opposite of what you’re having… I’ve dreamed of having a baby boy, so Girl

7. History of Parent’s kids- If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child.  If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child.  If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order… I am the middle child and the third child was a boy, so Boy

8. Dad’s weight gain- If Dad to be doesn’t gain weight while you’re pregnant it’s a boy/If Dad to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl … Dad to be has been having cravings and has been gaining weight, so Girl

9. Breast test- If a pregnant woman’s right breast is larger it’s a boy/if the left breast is larger it’s a girl… Well, my left breast has always been slightly larger, so maybe Girl

10. Areolas- If they’ve grew and darkened it’s a boy/if they stayed the same it’s a girl… mine has stayed the same thus far, so Girl

11. Morning sickness- If you’ve had a smooth pregnancy with little to no morning sickness it’s a boy/if you were really sick or nauseous during your pregnancy it’s a girl… I’ve only throw up a few times, but I’ve definitely had nausea and still do with certain foods, so Girl

12. Necklace over your hand- if it moves back and forth it’s a boy/if it swings in a circle it’s a boy… I just had my husband do this and it swung in a circle-clockwise, so Girl (btw, I told him to do this before I told him what it was for- he doesn’t believe in it).

13. Feet- If you’re feet are colder you’re having a boy/ if they stayed the same you’re having a girl… Mine has stayed the same, so Girl

14. Body hair- if hair is growing at record speeds count a boy… Mine seems to be growing faster, so Boy

15. Dry hands- If your hands are constantly dry it’s a boy… I lotion up 2x/day, so I don’t allow them to get dry, but as far as if they are more dry- I’m going to say no, so maybe Girl

16. Urine- If your urine is bright yellow it’s a boy/if it’s dull yellow plan on a girl… Mine has been dull yellow, so Girl

17. Headaches- If you’ve had an increase in headaches it’s a boy… I’ve had an increase in headaches, so Boy

18. Chinese gender chart- Go to the link and fill out the two steps for the prediction (http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor)Mine says Girl

19. Moodiness- You’re having a boy if you’re really happy/ you’re having a girl if you’re really moody…. I started off really mellow, but emotional. Recently, I’ve been really mood, so maybe Girl

20. Mom’s intuition- Mom’s can often predict the gender of their child… We TTC a girl, but I’m anticipating a Boy

13/20=  65% Girl  7/20= 35% Boy... I guess we’ll find out for sure August 14!

Certain way to find out- Ultrasound or Birth, but it’s fun trying to predict!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 2:25pm

20 Old Wives Tales That Predict Gender

1. Heart rate- under 140 for a boy/over 140 for a girl…mine has been 160, 148 and 139.

2. Cravings- salty foods for a boy/sweet foods for a girl…salty foods all the way

3. Shape of the belly- low with a small belly that sticks out for a boy/high with a big round belly for a girl... its been low and not very big...

4. Shape of Mom’s face- long and narrow face for a boy/round full face for a girl… havent really gained much weight in my face so long and narrow

5. Acne- if you have acne while pregnant it’s a girl…no pimples...no more than normal anyway

6. Dream of gender of baby- you dream the opposite of what you’re having…dreamed of having a baby girl...

7. History of Parent’s kids- If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child.  If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child.  If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order…my mom only had 2 kids-2 girls-of which im the youngest. if she would have had another, maybe it would have been a boy...

8. Dad’s weight gain- If Dad to be doesn’t gain weight while you’re pregnant it’s a boy/If Dad to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl … he doesnt seem to be gaining any extra weight-hes a big guy to begin with though...

9. Breast test- If a pregnant woman’s right breast is larger it’s a boy/if the left breast is larger it’s a girl… my left has alwqays been slightly larger, but im looking at them right now and the right one seems a lil fuller...

10. Areolas- If they’ve grew and darkened it’s a boy/if they stayed the same it’s a girl…yeeeeah...those bad boys are definitely larger and darker!!!

11. Morning sickness- If you’ve had a smooth pregnancy with little to no morning sickness it’s a boy/if you were really sick or nauseous during your pregnancy it’s a girl… been nauseous and i gag and dry heave every morning...with my girls, it wasnt like this. i got sick twice with both of them. twice the whole pregnancy...and i didnt feel sick like i do this time around.

12. Necklace over your hand- if it moves back and forth it’s a boy/if it swings in a circle it’s a boy…havent done this test.

13. Feet- If you’re feet are colder you’re having a boy/ if they stayed the same you’re having a girl…its been so bloody hot-my feet have been hot. i almost wish they were cold...

14. Body hair- if hair is growing at record speeds count a boy… yep-my leg hair and armpit hair is growing a lot faster. my head hair is staying the same.

15. Dry hands- If your hands are constantly dry it’s a boy… my hands are dry all the time-i use lotion constantly...

16. Urine- If your urine is bright yellow it’s a boy/if it’s dull yellow plan on a girl…havent really color compared...but i think its been a brighter yellow

17. Headaches- If you’ve had an increase in headaches it’s a boy…been having them. i just thought it was stress!

18. Chinese gender chart- Go to the link and fill out the two steps for the prediction (http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor​)…mine says boy.

19. Moodiness- You’re having a boy if you’re really happy/ you’re having a girl if you’re really moody... havent been really happy-im bipolar and to be honest, ive been a bit** lately-especially the last month.

20. Mom’s intuition- Mom’s can often predict the gender of their child…i actually thought i was having a girl...

its definitely a boy-theres no questioning it-its a turtle or a hot dog or a sausage...lol. i cant wait to see what youre having:smileyhappy:
joanne

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:15am

Interesting that the Old Wives Tales were right for you. I hope they're right for me, too, since we TTC a girl. I'm anticipating a boy though, maybe it's in my head, so I'm not disappointed when we go in for the ultrasound.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:53pm

they were right for me this time around but the other 2 pregnancies-not really. maybe a lil more with my 2nd daughter, but everything pointed to a boy with the first-even the doctor stated he thought she was a he...so...
with the ultrasound, i really thought it was going to be another girl-i was surprised and pleased that it was a boy...
joanne

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 5:48pm

1. Heart rate- under 140 for a boy/over 140 for a girl… we're still in the 150s.  girl

2. Cravings- salty foods for a boy/sweet foods for a girl… i've craved both, but defintely sweets more often!  girl.

3. Shape of the belly- low with a small belly that sticks out for a boy/high with a big round belly for a girl… i'm still early enough that it's pretty small, but it seems to be getting higher as it grows.  girl.

4. Shape of Mom’s face- long and narrow face for a boy/round full face for a girl…no weight gain in the face yet, so i guess i'll go boy here.

5. Acne- if you have acne while pregnant it’s a girl… i'm getting random pimples on my face and back.  girl.

6. Dream of gender of baby- you dream the opposite of what you’re having… i don't remember any baby dreams.  ???

7. History of Parent’s kids- If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child.  If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child.  If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order… I am the middle child and the third child was a girl.  girl.

8. Dad’s weight gain- If Dad to be doesn’t gain weight while you’re pregnant it’s a boy/If Dad to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl … DH has still been exercising like normal and hasn't had weight gain as i grow.  boy.

9. Breast test- If a pregnant woman’s right breast is larger it’s a boy/if the left breast is larger it’s a girl… mine are pretty even, as usual. ???

10. Areolas- If they’ve grew and darkened it’s a boy/if they stayed the same it’s a girl… a little larger and a little darker.  boy.

11. Morning sickness- If you’ve had a smooth pregnancy with little to no morning sickness it’s a boy/if you were really sick or nauseous during your pregnancy it’s a girl…i felt terrible for about a month and a half, all day, every day.  girl.

12. Necklace over your hand- if it moves back and forth it’s a boy/if it swings in a circle it’s a boy…i haven't done this.  ???

13. Feet- If you’re feet are colder you’re having a boy/ if they stayed the same you’re having a girl… no changes noted.  girl

14. Body hair- if hair is growing at record speeds count a boy… seems to be growing at a normal pace.  girl.

15. Dry hands- If your hands are constantly dry it’s a boy…definitely dry lately!  boy.

16. Urine- If your urine is bright yellow it’s a boy/if it’s dull yellow plan on a girl… only changes come from taking vitamins.  otherwise normal.  girl.

17. Headaches- If you’ve had an increase in headaches it’s a boy…better lately, but i've had increased headaches.  boy

18. Chinese gender chart- Go to the link and fill out the two steps for the prediction (http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor)predicted a girl for me.

19. Moodiness- You’re having a boy if you’re really happy/ you’re having a girl if you’re really moody…. i've been pretty stressed out and moodier than usual, but i'm still pretty even keeled.  i'll go boy.

20. Mom’s intuition- Mom’s can often predict the gender of their child… i have absolutely no feeling on this one way or another.  so much for intuition! (i hope that doesn't mean i'll be a bad mom!!)

10/20=  50% Girl,  6/20= 30% Boy, 4/20 = 20% neutral.  pretty indecisive if you ask me!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 8:21pm

1. Heart rate- under 140 for a boy/over 140 for a girl… Heartbeat has stayed within the 150's.  girl

2. Cravings- salty foods for a boy/sweet foods for a girl… No real cravings

3. Shape of the belly- low with a small belly that sticks out for a boy/high with a big round belly for a girl… Stomach is high and low ( I am 4'11''...not much room lol).

4. Shape of Mom’s face- long and narrow face for a boy/round full face for a girl…I have an oval face naturally.

5. Acne- if you have acne while pregnant it’s a girl… I had random acne at the beginning of my pregnancy.   girl.

6. Dream of gender of baby- you dream the opposite of what you’re having…No dreams about the baby yet.

7. History of Parent’s kids- If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child.  If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child.  If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order…I am the youngest along with my twin.  My mother had a boy first.  I had a girl as my first born.  

8. Dad’s weight gain- If Dad to be doesn’t gain weight while you’re pregnant it’s a boy/If Dad to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl … Hubby hasn't gained weight yet. boy

9. Breast test- If a pregnant woman’s right breast is larger it’s a boy/if the left breast is larger it’s a girl… My left one has always been a little bigger and still is. So girl. 

10. Areolas- If they’ve grew and darkened it’s a boy/if they stayed the same it’s a girl…a little larger.  boy.

11. Morning sickness- If you’ve had a smooth pregnancy with little to no morning sickness it’s a boy/if you were really sick or nauseous during your pregnancy it’s a girl…Not much nausea and no morning sickness. boy

12. Necklace over your hand- if it moves back and forth it’s a boy/if it swings in a circle it’s a boy…i haven't done this yet

13. Feet- If you’re feet are colder you’re having a boy/ if they stayed the same you’re having a girl… stayed the same.  girl

14. Body hair- if hair is growing at record speeds count a boy… hair is growing faster. boy

15. Dry hands- If your hands are constantly dry it’s a boy…definitely dry lately!  boy.

16. Urine- If your urine is bright yellow it’s a boy/if it’s dull yellow plan on a girl… I drink a ton of water and it's clear most of the time...so girl.

17. Headaches- If you’ve had an increase in headaches it’s a boy…headaches constantly.  boy

18. Chinese gender chart- Go to the link and fill out the two steps for the prediction (http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor)… predicted a girl for me when I put in date conceived, but boy when I put in my due date. wanted to see if there would be a difference.

19. Moodiness- You’re having a boy if you’re really happy/ you’re having a girl if you’re really moody… not too moody yet...boy.

20. Mom’s intuition- Mom’s can often predict the gender of their child…I haven't had a "feeling" yet.  With Reagan I really thought I was having a boy and obviously didn't so, I don't know if I am afraid to trust my feeling this time.  I kinda think girl b/c this pregnancy has been just like my one with Reagan.

6/20=  30% Girl,  8/20= 40% Boy, 6/20 = 30% neutral. 

<br><br>