anyone still here?

iVillage Member
anyone still here?
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 9:20am

it's been a long time since i've checked in.  life with this little one and working full time and making a new (but very old) home our own takes a lot of time and energy!

little asher is now 5.5 months old (born 1.8) and is a very happy, healthy little man!  i'm adoring life as a mom.  i could still use a bit more sleep, but otherwise things are really, really great.

is anyone else still hanging around?  business and lingering connection issues with the site have kept me away, but i would love updates from anyone who's still around!

Upload a File: 

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-27-2013 - 9:57am
now i can see a larger picture of her you posted. what a cute little chunk!! wow - i didn't remember that she was so big when she was born. almost TEN pounds!! yikes!! asher was 6lbs 8oz, so just a perfect little peanut. he's gotten big since then, though! hoping he'll take after daddy's side and be tall, since my family is all short. love it that your two LOs are getting along pretty well. hopefully they'll be close through adulthood! i think asher will be raised as an only child. he has two older half sisters a couple states over (they're 18 and 23!!) that he just met about a month ago. we are thrilled with our little guy and worked very hard for him to be here (born two years after we started TTC). with one baby and two doggies (who think they're babies!) we are completely satisfied. i had an IUD put in (mirena) so we're all set for 5 years. asher has plenty of cousins, with one more on the way any time! so we'll make an effort to keep him involved with other kids and help him learn to share so he doesn't get too spoiled as an only. we are happy to put our entire focus on our adorable little man. i have no desire to be pregnant again... not sure i could cope with one already running around the house! hats off to those of you who can do it!

Diane

Community Leader
Thu, 06-27-2013 - 3:38am

She is big! I can barely lift her car seat. She was 9lb 12oz born so she had a head start!

Benjamin has his jealous moments but they are startin to play together now and it's great to watch. Jemima absolutely loves him, she gets such such a big smile on her face when he pays her attention n often giggles at him.

Is Asher gonna be a big brother one day?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 3:37pm

wow, what a big little girl!  i think asher is about 16 or so now, at 5.5 months.  and i think HE'S getting heavy!  starting to look at convertible carseats because his carrier is getting tough to lug around.

we haven't done much with solid foods.  just a taste here and there. 

jemima looks adorable, from what i can see in your signature!  how's big brother doing with her?

Diane

Community Leader
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 5:43am

I'm still here! Great to hear how much you are loving motherhood, your little boy is gorgeous!

Jemima just turned 5 months and on Mon she weighed 22lb 1oz! (she's only 4lb under her brother's weight and he is 2y 2m!) She has just started rolling over and can sit unsupported for short periods of time. She is such a chunk I'm not sure how I'm gonna carry her round much longer! She loves her solid food and mainly has fruit purees which she has been eatin for the last couple of weeks alongside her normal amount of breast milk. Unfortunately she does poo continuously when she has her food!!