Milestones you want to share

Any other news you want to share

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 8:45am

Amanda/28/Ohio

Ricky/December 30

Rick has been rolling over since 2 1/2 months. He loves to "walk" with someone holding him and does pretty well sittin up before topping over.

Ricky is doing much better in his carseat now. We took our first out of town trip- 3 hours away and he did fairly well. Of course, it helped to have the in laws drive and DH and I in the back seat with the baby. He was held/played with by various relatives all weekend and he was off his nap schedule, but stil did okay. He slept all the way home. I assume because he was kept awake from everyone holding him, but it was nice compared to a crying baby. He also slept on a feather pillow for the first time and he slept good. I can't wait for him to sleep through the night. We're going to wait to start rice cereal until his four month peditrician appointment just so we get the go ahead from hisdoctor.  I can't wait for the weather to get warmer, so I can get out with him. It was kind of nice having a winter baby because we got to be indoors while he was still so little, but I'm ready to get out. Don't get me wrong, we've been going out all winter, but just to indoor locations. Also, I am officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost 30 of th 35lbs within two weeks of having him, but I figured the last 5lbs would just stick around... well, it finally came off. Of course, my body is very different and  would still like to loose more weight, but still..

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 3:13pm

Leila/27/Durham, England

Jemima Lily/17 Jan

Jemima is doin really well, she's defo puttin plenty weight on and is already outgrowing her 3-6m clothes. Her feeding pattern has changed to 8oz 4 times a day and she sleeps 8-10 hours thru the night. She has good control of her head now but isn't rollin yet tho she doesn't get much floor time due to havin a toddler big brother! I can't wait to get her out in the good weather too if it ever arrives, we have snow for 6 months now. DS was born in April and got the sun straight away so was always a lovely colour but Jemima is quite pale compared. She had her first imms around 10 days ago and coped reasonably well with it, was just a little grumpy that evening.

I'm down to 5lb to lose but it's still comin off without much effort. I'm still producin around 50oz breast milk a day so that's likely why I'm still losin. I'm not in any major hurry to get to my pre-pregnancy weight tho by June would be nice, I'd like to lose half a stone extra to make up for my new shape too. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 7:22pm

Your daughter sounds like she's doing really well. Is she wearing 6-9 month clothes, then? She sounds like a good eater too, which is probably why she sleeps so well at night. I'm glad she did well with her shots, too. She'll have time to work on her tan, lol. Your doing well with your weight then with only 5lbs to go. You had your baby about 2 weeks after me and you had your babies pretty close together, so that's not bad at all. How is your son adjusting to your daughter? Is he jealous at all? A lot of people said the ideal age between children is 18 months- 2 years.

Ricky is in 3-6 months... he's about 16lbs 25in, but the family describes him as stout. He was eating 4-5oz every 3-4 hours, but the past week he's been eating 5-6oz every 2 hours. I was just talking to DH about this and he said we may start the rice cereal this week to help keep him fuller longer. My son is really pale like his dad... I have more of an olive complexion, so I'll have to make sure Ricky wears sun block and is covered this summer, but it'll definitely be nice to get out in the sunshine and not worry about the temperature. I can't wait to see how it does in a baby pool

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 1:04pm

Sounds like your little man must be growin with all that extra milk! I think Jemima is around 15lb.Her 6-9m clothes are all summer things so I'm tryin to keep her in the few 3-6m things she has that still fit for now til the temperature rises a bit.

Benjamin gets a little jealous but mostly just takes advantage of me bein busy with the baby to get into trouble! He's takin to sittin in front of her and talkin to her and she loves it, she gives him lots of smiles and gets upset when he goes.

Ricky is doin very well to have rolled over already, quick learner! It must make you very proud to see him achieve his milestones

Attachment: