Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or work outside the home?

iVillage Member
Are you a SAHM, WAHM, or work outside the home?
Sun, 07-08-2012 - 8:48am

I was wondering what kind of work everyone did.

Before I had Reagan I had been working in an Insurance office as the manager for 5 years.  I then worked from home one day a week and in the office the other days after I had her.  When she was around 9 months old, I quit my job.  Last September I went back a few days a week so that I could make a little money and she could start daycare.  Starting Monday I have to switch to full time because the other person in the office got another job.  

I am not looking forward to it at all, but just need to remember it's only temporary.  She loves her school and friends, so she will be fine.  Just need to prepare myself for the transition.

What kind of work and schedule do you have?

<br><br> 

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 2:43pm
I work 90% outside the home as a nurse. I was really unhappy for a long time. But I just switched to L&D so I'm a lot happier. I'd love to decrease my hours but dh just got laid off in may and he is going to college now... So I'm pretty much stuck :smileysad:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 10:57pm
I'm fortunate to be a SAHM. My husband works full time in the court system at night which sucks. He was in law enforcement prior to that also working nights.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 8:57pm
I am a hairdresser, and I work 3 days a week, thurs, fri and sat. Saturdays, either my mom or dh has dd. a friend watches dd on the other days (we pay her). dd starts preschool in the fall, and our friend doesnt sound interested in watching a newborn. So, I'm thinking about cutting ny hours back some. I just dont see how wel afford a babysitter and school, besides that I would rather it isn't a stranger.
springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 10:58am
I am a stay at home mom. I worked in retail untl I was 38 weeks with my son, and have been a SAHM ever since.