Is Baby Sleeping All Night?

iVillage Member
Is Baby Sleeping All Night?
Fri, 09-06-2013 - 11:32am

My youngest didn't sleep through the night until he was 18 months old.  I'm guessing that some of your little ones are still waking at night too.  What's your experience been? Is baby sleeping all night or do you still get up with him/her a few times?

photo snowsiggy.png

Community Leader
Mon, 09-09-2013 - 3:15am

My little girl has slept thru for up to 12 hours from 6 weeks. My older boy did the same from 10 weeks. Me and DH both love sleep so guessin they've both inherited it!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 9:43am
we had gotten to the point where DS would wake to eat at about 3am and go right back to sleep. ah, how i long for that sleep pattern again now! we've reverted to newborn-like wakings. he'll sleep from about 8:30 til midnight-ish, then be up at least every hour, fussing or crying. if i pick him up, he'll fall to sleep quickly in my arms but cry again right when i lay him down again. it's so frustrating! we are planning to do sleep training with him this weekend. something's gotta give since DH and i are both working full time and surviving on too little sleep. open to any advice/suggestions!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Community Leader
Sat, 09-21-2013 - 3:50pm

That must be so exhausting! We've always found that ignoring them, as long as you know they aren't hungry, wet, etc, is the only way to get them to settle on their own. It's really hard but we find it only takes 2 or 3 nights before they work it out.