Baby updates

iVillage Member
Baby updates
Tue, 08-13-2013 - 6:22pm

I've had to most aweful time trying to log-in. Anyway, I'm back!!!

Ricky is 7 1/2 months old now.

4 months- rolling over

5 months- sitting up, army crawling,eating solids, says mama (though inconsistently)

6 months- two bottom teeth came in, says dada (though inconsistently) crawling, standing, and crusing funiture (all withing three days)... it was crazy. I have a very active child, who likes to get into everything.

7 months- top left tooth coming in, says papaw (though inconsistenly) and can make the baby sign for "milk"

He loves balls, Mickey Mouse, Barney, ice, the park, books and singing. He likes to walk with his v-tech walker, which he can actually pull himself up and walk with, he just hasn't quite figured out how to turn it around. He will literally chew on everything, including the ledge to our entertainment center. He experiments with new sounds all the time... recently it's been a mixture between a growl and squeal. He's a good eater. The only foods he hasn't liked are pears and avacado- athough, mixed together, he ate it.

He's still not sleeping through the night, but he sleeps 11 hours with only one wake up halfway through  and he still naps well (3 hours total)- if we're home. This has been the same since he was 2 months. I've have truly enjoyed the experience of being able to see him learn, grow and change everyday. Although, since I quit my job to stay home with him, it is very tiring because there are no breaks and the work is continuous whether it's something I'm doing with him or around the house. The hours are very long. My husband has been a lifesaver since he's been able to work from home up to this point and while I have the baby all day, he's got him in the middle of the night. As much as I would love to have another one so Ricky can have a sibling. I can't see doing this again before Ricky is 3 or 4 (if at all). We feel like we're able to still live our lives like we did before the baby for the most part with just a baby in tow, but if you add another one into the mix and doing it all over again, it would be even harder, so we'll see when/if the time comes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Community Leader
In reply to: j8songrl
Tue, 08-27-2013 - 11:20am

Wow Ricky is so advanced! Jemima is sittin unsupported, she lies on her front and pivots round on her belly or rolls over to get to where she wants to be but isn't crawlin yet. If you hold her up on her legs she is very strong but doesn't seem to have worked out the one-leg-in-front-of-the-other thing yet! She loves to blow raspberries and scream (which her brother then copies and we end up havin a very loud screamin match!) She LOVES her food (and mine!) and I'm yet to find somethin she doesn't like. She goes to sleep between 7 and 8 on an evenin and sleeps until 7am. I've just stopped givin her exclusively breast milk, she now has 2 bottles of breast milk and 2 of formula a day. She has 2 bottom teeth and the next two, one at either side, look like they are on their way too. Here she is enjoyin her food!