cankles!

iVillage Member
cankles!
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:13am

i looked down at my ankles on friday night and exclaimed to my husband, "I HAVE CANKLES!!!"

i've had some swelling on and off since friday.  i have super skinny calves (i complain about them all the time) so swollen ankles look extra funny on me.  like little stumps going into my shoes. :) 

cankles are back in full force this morning (despite trying to stay well-hydrated) and i showed them to the dr. at my 32wk appointment.  my blood pressure is still nice and low (110 over 60) so she wasn't worried about preeclamsya (sp?) or anything.  maybe just try to watch salt intake?

anyone else dealing with fun 3T issues?  back pain is my biggest complaint right now.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
In reply to: noelsgal
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 3:08pm

yeah, mine pretty much don't go away anymore.  i don't have much of an opportunity to put my feet up, but i try to stay away from too much salt and to keep myself hydrated.  still having issues with the swollen ankles, though.  and now my hands have swollen enough to not be able to wear my rings anymore.  i ordered an inexpensive fake ring from overstock just so i can wear something.  it should arrive in the mail today.

seems like we're at the point where everyone is pretty much ready to be done being pregnant.  it's difficult and uncomfortable, and i know i'm so excited to finally meet this little guy!

Diane

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 2:49pm

I had very few stretch marks with DS until I had him then a few more appeared! They soon fade tho n there's lots of products you can put on them to help tho the stronger creams you can't always use when you're breastfeeding

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 9:51am
i'm still having trouble logging on/posting comments as well. hope they get all the glitches figured out soon! sounds like we're all in the same boat with the swollen ankles, heartburn, back pain, etc. nice to know we're not alone in our sufferings! my hands have now swollen a little bit too. i was hoping to be able to wear my wedding rings throughout the whole pregnancy, but i took them off yesterday before i'm not able to anymore. i ordered a cheapie CZ ring set from overstock.com in a size 5 (i'm normally a 4.25 ring size) to get me through the pregnancy, as i don't want to be ringless and knocked up. :) i haven't noticed any stretch marks just yet, but who knows what this skin will look like once it's not stretched over a basketball anymore. haha, i went bowling with DH's family over the weekend and got lots of comments about the bowling ball in my shirt.

Diane

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-22-2012 - 1:30pm

Cankles over here too! Especially if I've had a busy day or two my cankles seem to be the ones that suffer! Check on the heartburn and the back pain too!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-22-2012 - 12:16pm

I've been trying to reply for a couple of days... still having trouble logging in... grr!  Anyway, yes I too have cankles. My doctor said it's from being on my feet too long as my blood pressure was normal as well. I have been drinking one of those 8/day gallon of water things while at work since I was told my fluid level  was 12 and 8-25 is normal, so it was on the lower side of normal. 3T issues... well, I officially have four stretch marks (two on each side) that I got over the past two weeks. I also have back pain, tired, etc. My biggest complaint is heartburn/indigestion, which my doctor told me to take Zantec since I've had it everyday/few times a day, especially at night since midway through this pregnancy. This baby better have a headfull of hair!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers