College while pregnant!

iVillage Member
College while pregnant!
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 12:52pm
So right now I am on schedule to graduate next May. Thing is I will prob deliver baby girl sometime in december around the same time final exams will be due. I'm already taking three summer classes and I'm getting tired of it because I just wanna sleep. I find myself falling alseep while reading for an assignment. I'm trying to decide if I shud push myself to take atleast one fall class or shud I just relax until baby girl is here.

What would u ladies do? Or is anyone else in college at the moment? Let me add that I'm still working full time so that plays a major roll in me being tired too
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 1:13pm

I've been pregnant through 2 of my pregnancies and births while working full time...and I'm starting nursing school in August. I'm in the same boat. It's not easy. I did stay really tired all the time, but just knew I had to push through it. The only plus with my last pregnancy was I took all online classes so I just tried to have everything done ahead of time (although I was doing a final in the hospital after the birth of my little one). This semester terrifies me though because I don't have that luxury of online classes. If you have the choice...I'd relax till your baby girl is here. If I wait any, I have to go through all kinds of obstacles to maybe or maybe not get accepted into the RN program next semester and I'm not willing to take that chance...but if I didn't feel like I had to.... I wouldn't go through another semester while pregnant and working. It is exhausting and lots of work.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:20am
i've completed my summer classes and i'm off for the rest of the summer, but i've been back in school for a while now too - also in addition to working full time. my plan is two classes in the fall, walk in december, and finish one last class in the spring (that class starts 3 weeks after my due date). it feels a little ambitious to me, especially since this is my first baby and i don't know how it will all go. i feel like i've put graduation and college off for so long, and now it's so close (three classes!!) that i just want to go for it if i can. if i can't do it, it'll push me back one full year since the spring class is only offered once per year. not the end of the world and i'll do it if i need to, but i'm really wanting to push to get it done!
good luck with your decision making!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:33am
Yea that's kinda how I feel but I don't know what to expect, this is my third and I know anything is possible. My son came three weeks early last year. If this baby comes early it will be right around the time final exams are due. I don't want to push my graduation off next year ugh. I spoke to my advisor yesterday after class and he said if I speak to my teacher ahead of time then I will get a incomplete grade until I take the test, then I will have to go thru a lot to get the grade changed.