DHA?

iVillage Member
DHA?
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 2:06pm

i've been reading about how much the brain is developing right now and how we should be making sure we're getting DHA into our diet.  i wasn't into the smelly fish oil pills, but found some plant-based DHA supplements at target today.  the pills themselves aren't huge, and they are the squishy kind so they should be easy enough for me to swallow (i was terrible at taking pills but am getting better at it since i started having to take an RX in addition to the prenatals i started when i began TTC (almost two years ago!). 

anyone else taking DHA supplements?  hopefully this well help LO grow to be super smart! ;)

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
In reply to: noelsgal
Fri, 11-09-2012 - 8:45pm

I take the OTC prenatals with DHA. I also take magnesium, folic acid, calcium, vitamin D3, and B6. All of which I was taking to help TTC a girl and we still ended up with a boy, lol WinkI figured I'd go ahead and stay on all the supplements because we're going to try again when this baby is 9 months to a year, so they're 18 months- 2 years apart. I'm going to do more research too to try to help the odds of swaying for a girl again. Although, I'd be just as happy with another boy so they can be brothers. Plus, DH said if the next is a girl, then we're done. If we have another boy, then he'd want to try for a third, but space it further apart. I've always wanted three though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: noelsgal
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 3:56pm

My wife took DHA when she was pregnant with our daughter in late 08/early to mid 09 and we noticed that our daughter was an early talker (at 6 months she crawled up to me, reached under my armpits made wiggling motions with her hands and said, "Ticka Ticka").  

I'm ot sure if the DHA had anything to do with that but my wife is on DHA once again now that she's pregnant with our son.