Do you have everything ready for the baby?

iVillage Member
Do you have everything ready for the baby?
Fri, 11-09-2012 - 8:54pm

We had our shower last Saturday, November 3 and we got a lot of great stuff.

We still need to get

1) travel system (stroller w/carseat) & carseat cover (w/ winter baby)

2) crib and bedding, but we received a $150 gift card toward the crib at our last parenting class

3) playmat

4) baby carrier

5) high chair- we'll get as we need it

6) mobile

7) sleepers

8) Diaper Geanie

*** more clothes, diapers, wipes, and bath stuff (lotion, oil shampoo as we need it)***

So, not too bad! We won't be able to get any of it until Mid December because we're in the middle of remodeling our bedroom and the baby is going to be in there with us, so that has to be finished before we can bring anything in there/set up. Luckily DH works from home right now, so he's able to get a lot done.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 11:41am

hello!! we're getting there. tomorrow i go to my sisters house-she has a car seat for us...i already have a dresser, a crib, a swing, a bassinet and a high chair(at least my friend swears she has one. i dont have it in my possesion yet)...i have a boxful of clothes-all sizes-i just have to wash them cuz theyve been in the basement. .i dont have a whole lot of diapers or baby wash or lotions or anything...im having my shower on december 2nd and im praying he stays put until after that. my c section is scheduled for dec. 27th-id like to make it to that date..
joanne

Community Leader
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 3:37pm

We have pretty much everythin we need, most things we are just re-using from DS but there are a few things we've bought new of and I would still like to buy a wash set (bath, top and tail bowl, changing mat) but think that's all I need. Nothing is actually set up yet tho, DH has next week off work and the intention was that we would decorate and set things up then but then we sold our house this week so now we're packing whilst he's off! I'm pleased we'll be gettin everythin ready in a new home and not temporarily in this one. We are hopin to be movin in 4 weeks so should still have 5 or 6 before LO arrives

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 11:07am
Sounds like you don't have much to get and what you do need that you'll hopefully get from your shower. That's not too far away and at least your baby will have his own day and not have to be born on a holiday.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 11:09am
It's nice when it's not your first or you have them close together because then you can reuse things. The bath stuff you still have to get shouldn't be too bad (cost wise). I'm glad DH is being proactive with his time off to help set up the baby's room/stuff. Moving so close to your due date has to be a little stressful. Try to take it as easy as you can and best of luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 11:57am

We have just about everything we need for our baby.  Luckily my daughter's old car seat is still in great condition so he'll get to use that for the first year, so we won't need to invest in a car seat until then.  We do still have to re-arrange the baby's room but we plan on keeping him in our bedroom until he's about 3 months old (like we did with our daughter).  We just picked up a crib set for him.  My in-laws are storing the crib in their basement for the time being, but he'll be in a cradle for the first 3 months anyway so there's not really a rush on that.  

My daughter and I have been looking for special jewelry for my wife for after our baby is born.  I've found a few items I like but I want to include the baby's birthstone and there is still a reasonable enough chance that he could be born in late December as opposed to early January, so I've been holding off on getting anything yet. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 5:37pm
I'm glad you have everything ready and a plan set in place. That's sweet that you're looking into getting jewelry for your wife when your son is born. That's becoming the new trend- push presents. DH is getting me a glider (chair w/ottoman) since that was one of the bigger items we needed and it's really for me. We just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary (been together 11 1/2 years) and the 3d ultrasound along with pearl earing set was my present. They have those necklaces with the kids birthstones or a charm bracelet would be another suggestion.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 9:32am

Congrats on your anniversary!  My wife & I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary in April and just last month marked the 10th anniversary of when I first moved in with my then-girlfriend/now-wife.  :-)

I want to get my wife a necklace with the birthstones for both our daughter and son, but there is enough of a chance that our son may be born in late December (instead of early January, when he is due) that I'm hesitant to go that route.  The nice thing is my daughter and wife are both "June Babies" so they share a birthstone.    

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:00am
we're reasonably set. we were blessed to have friends and family give/lend us a ton of baby gear. we still need to get the frame stroller, swing, and changing table to our house. we bought a crib and a glider. everything we have is all set up and ready to go in the nursery. i had a shower last week and had 20 guests plus a few items shipped to us. we didn't register for clothes, so we only have a handful of outfits right now. we'll have to stock up on onesies, etc. we have some miscellaneous items we'll need to pick up, but we're fairly set to go on the "stuff" we need. now all we need is to figure out what to do with a baby!! ;)

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013