Fun Ways to Announce the Gender
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 08-07-2012 - 2:31pm|
Ideas that DH and I are thinking about doing...
1) Video with colored ballons in a box that we open or something to that effect... DH and I really wanted to be creative in announcing the gender. I wanted to do a youtube video and then post it on FB, but he said that only a couple of people would watch it because once people start seeing the comments they won't pay attention to the video.
2) Shirt... I had the idea then to wear a pink/blue shirt with the baby's name and due date and take a picture of me in the shirt to post on FB. At least with the shirt too I can wear it to school to announce, too.
3) Picture.. DH had the idea to use Ally Mcbeal dancing baby/Pepsi baby on both sides of a still picture with a sign in the middle with the baby's name and due date. I like the idea of using our baby pictures one of us on each side if he's going to do that.
4) Pink/Blue onsie to grandparents
5) Picture of the ultrasound in a frame to the grandparents with a card that says, "It's A Girl! Sugar And Spice Baby Girls Are So Nice." or " We Have Beeen Blessed With A Boy From Above! A Precious Son For Us To Love."
Obviously, making it special in general because we'd like to do something like this for all of our children, but specifically to the grandparents. I like the picture frame with the card idea for grandparents and the shirt to announce to everyone else.
Other ideas for gender reveal parties... particularly special if the couple doesn't know until the party
Black balloons with pink/blue confetti on the inside that people have to pop at a gender reveal party
Pink/Blue Balloons in a box that the couple has to open
Cupcakes with pink/blue filling at a gender reveal party- if you don't want one person to announce to everyone else when they tear/eat theirs then you could only make one colored and designate that to one of the grandparents to announce.
Puzzle that grandparents have to put together that says.... "it's a girl/boy"