Fun Ways to Announce the Gender

iVillage Member
Fun Ways to Announce the Gender
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 2:31pm

Ideas that DH and I are thinking about doing...

1) Video with colored ballons in a box that we open or something to that effect... DH and I really wanted to be creative in announcing the gender. I wanted to do a youtube video and then post it on FB, but he said that only a couple of people would watch it because once people start seeing the comments they won't pay attention to the video.

2) Shirt... I had the idea then to wear a pink/blue shirt with the baby's name and due date and take a picture of me in the shirt to post on FB. At least with the shirt too I can wear it to school to announce, too.

3) Picture.. DH had the idea to use Ally Mcbeal dancing baby/Pepsi baby on both sides of a still picture with a sign in the middle with the baby's name and due date. I like the idea of using our baby pictures one of us on each side if he's going to do that.

4) Pink/Blue onsie to grandparents

5) Picture of the ultrasound in a frame to the grandparents with a card that says, "It's A Girl! Sugar And Spice Baby Girls Are So Nice." or " We Have Beeen Blessed With A Boy From Above! A Precious Son For Us To Love."

Obviously,  making it special in general because we'd like to do something like this for all of our children, but specifically to the grandparents. I like the picture frame with the card idea for grandparents and the shirt to announce to everyone else.

Other ideas for gender reveal parties... particularly special if the couple doesn't know until the party

Black balloons with pink/blue confetti on the inside that people have to pop at a gender reveal party

Pink/Blue Balloons in a box that the couple has to open

Cupcakes with pink/blue filling at a gender reveal party- if you don't want one person to announce to everyone else when they tear/eat theirs then you could only make one colored and designate that to one of the grandparents to announce.

Puzzle that grandparents have to put together that says.... "it's a girl/boy"

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:23am
i still want to have a gender reveal party. problem is we have our ultrasound three days before we move. our house is already a wreck with boxes everywhere, no way we can host a party just before moving and we'll want to get settled into the new place after moving. i'm thinking about doing a housewarming/gender reveal party a couple weeks after we move in. i'm not sure i can wait to find out the gender until then, even though that would be the most fun. maybe we can find out at the u/s then plan to announce the gender at the party.
i like the idea of people guessing/voting and giving guests either red lips or a mustache on a little stick they can hold up to represent their guess. lots of fun ideas online (pinterest!) for reveal parties. i like your idea of having grandparents announce - maybe we'll get a cake and our moms can cut it together and announce once they see the color of the cake/frosting inside?

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 6:37pm

Having a housewarming/gender reveal party sounds like a great idea! Personally, I couldn't wait until everyone else finds out, but I love the reaction of the couples that do.

The red lips and mustache idea sounds like a cute way to vote and will make great photos! Having the grandparents announce makes it personal for them.

If I can talk DH into it I want to do the ultrasound picture in a frame to the grandparents and either write with a Sharpie or letter stickers the baby's name to reveal the gender. And... to reveal to everyone else a pink/blue shirt with the baby's name printed on silk screen because we can do this at home- DH always makes my class shirts at the end of the year, so he already knows how to do this. I can reveal it to my school that way and then take a picture of me wearing the shirt to post of FB.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 8:09am
U can always say " hey I'm pregnant and its a girl" lol. I still haven't told anyone
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:06am
how long are you planning to wait before sharing your news? can you hold out for the whole pregnancy and just show up with a new baby?!? :smileyvery-happy:

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:28am

True, lol. I did that with announcing the pregnancy, but I want to make the gender announcement more special. My dad has four girls and all his girls had sons so far, so if it's a girl it would be really special. My mom only has the one grandson. DH is an only child, so our children will be in-laws only grandchildren, so it'll be special either way. I'm so anxious! As much as I want a girl, I'm still anticipating the baby being a boy, so I'm not shocked, lol.

I have no idea how you're keeping your pregnancy a secret. I have such a big mouth, I tell everyone as soon as I know. When do you think you'll tell them?

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 12:33pm
@ noelsgal I wish I could hold out that long!! Lol I think I'm scared to tell my mother. She still treats me like I'm 12 even though I'm 25 with two kids and been with the same man for 10 years. If I could have skylar and put her under my mother christmas tree and say SURPRISE lol that would be great. I have to tell her sometime this month, I am getting big!

Last year my son was the first son, grandson, greatgrandson so I passed out blue lolly pops that said " its a boy"