The home stretch!

iVillage Member
The home stretch!
Tue, 12-11-2012 - 3:04pm

ladies, the days til january are disappearing quickly and we'll all be meeting our babies soon!  are we all excited for that but feeling pretty uncomfortable in the mean time?  i know i am!

i'll be 35 weeks tomorrow.  current fun items include: tons of braxton hicks, low pressure/slight cramping, swollen ankles, sore back, lack of sleep (thanks in part to a sinus infection, yuck.)... what else?

how are things coming along for everyone else?

i'm feeling ready to get this show on the road.  i know it's best to wait til 39 weeks, but i have a nephew who was born at 35 weeks and had no issues... kinda makes me want to go on the early side!

what preparations do you still need to do before baby arrives?

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-11-2012 - 3:22pm
oh, and heartburn! how could i forget the heartburn?! question - do we get to stop taking the prenatals once we deliver, or does that continue to be good through breastfeeding?

Diane

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 9:38am

My wife had heartburn with our daughter and after dealing with some feeding issues with our daughter early on it was determined she too suffered from acid reflux.  They do make infant strength medicine for that but it's perscription only.  Since you're experiencing heartburn now, I recommend keeping a close eye on your baby's eating habits early on.  If your son is fussy or gassy early on he may also have acid reflux issues that are easily treatable with medication.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 2:04pm
thanks! i didn't realize there could be a connection between my heartburn during pregnancy and baby's likelihood of having it. hopefully baby will be calm and have no eating/heartburn issues!

Diane