hospital bag items

iVillage Member
hospital bag items
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 12:28pm

BTDT ladies - i've started packing both a diaper bag and a bag for the hospital.

Recommended items??

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Community Leader
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 12:26pm

This is what I've put in my bags (if i can remember it all!)

In mine: Underwear, nightwear and dressing gown, slippers, cool water spray, facecloth, pads, wash bag (shower gel, deodorant, toothbrush, etc), bottle of water, towel, antibacterial hand gel

Babies: Diapers, cotton wool, several bodysuits/vests and several plain babygros, coming home outfit, ready made formula, blankets, muslin squares, bibs

I may think of other things, I'll add them if I do

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-25-2012 - 3:08pm

hello!! i just packed my bag-finally-and heres a few things youre going want to include:
**lotion, flowery shower gel and shampoo-after childbirth, that first shower feels SOOOOO good. lol
**lip balm. my lips got SO dry and chapped afterward both times. my mom was my hero when she brought me 4 tubes of chapstick to the hospital after i had my first.
**a hair tie. even if your hair isnt that long-its good to tie it back so its not in your face.
**a book or 2. i dont know how much reading youll do during labor but afterward...
**phone charger, battery charger, an extra set of batteries for your digital camera, etc.
**hard candy. they will not let you eat when youre in labor but you can have hard candy.
**comfy clothes to wear afterward. dont expect your prepregnancy clothes to fit either. im wearing sweats home. 

i have most of those things packed already...the only items i dont have is a hair tie and hard candy. mainly cuz im having a planned c section and wont be in labor...unless he comes in the next day and a half. good luck!!!
JOANNE 

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 5:26pm

I so over-packed, but I didn't know either being a first time mom. I packed a seperate bag just for the baby with clothes, blankets, diapers, and wipes. No one tell you that the hospital provides that stuff. Plus, I packed maxi pads- I prefered the hospital "diapers" in the hospital because of how much I was bleeding. I didn't want to use the underware I packed for the same reason, so the mesh ones the hospital provided were sufficient. Dh told me not to pack him clothes- of course I did and of course he used them during our 2-day stay. We didn't bring reading material, but did bring the labtop.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers