How Much Sleep...

iVillage Member
How Much Sleep...
Wed, 03-20-2013 - 11:34am

... do YOU get each night?  Is baby sleeping fairly well or are you still struggling a bit in this department?  How many times are you up with baby each night?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-21-2013 - 6:18pm

Her schedule initially consisted of sleeping all day then wakin up starvin n feedin n feedin til she made herself sick! So I have to keep an eye on the time to make sure she doesn't go longer than around 4 hours without a feed n wake her if needed. On a night, she was wakin at around 5am for a feed irrelevant of what time she went to bed but we have to get up at 6am anyway so meant was goin back to bed for half an hour or so then gettin up again. I discovered that if I put her into our bed when she woke she would just snuggle into me n go back to sleep again n now she sleeps sometimes until 7 or 8. If I time her feeds right thru the day, she can be in bed by around 9-9.30pm.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-21-2013 - 7:37am

Leila, it must be nice, especially with having  two little ones. Did she put herself on that schedule or did you try to put on her that schedule. I've tried distracting Ricky, so he doesn't eat as frequently but eats more each feed, but all it did was make him extra fussy. As far as the sleep, I've tried taking away one of his naps and not making his naps as long... again, it just made him extra fussy. I may just be in for it a while longer...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-21-2013 - 5:46am

My LO goes 8-10 hours thru the night without a feed. She has 7oz feeds 5 times a day which is great and is very flexible with feedin times so if we are out and about and it isn't convenient to feed her she can generally go an hour or two late without too much fuss as long as she gets her 5 feeds.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-20-2013 - 7:59pm

My son has three naps throughout the day. If he misses one or one is too short, then he's extra fussy. He takes a one hour nap about two hours after he wakes. Then he takes an afternoon nap that lasts two hours and an evening nap for one hour. He sleeps eight hours total during the night, but only four hours at a time before waking to eat regardless of what time we put him down.

He's almost three months old and still eats 4oz every three hours during the day. After 10 weeks, my husband and I worked out a sleeping schdule where he takes the night shift (middle of the night feeding) and I take the early shift and let him sleep late. It works for us because I am a morning person and my husband a night owl. I think Ricky sleeps like me anyway (sleeping pattern- we both like long naps)- I just can't wait until he actually sleeps through the night.   He's still only on formula. I haven't tried and will not try (before it's reccommended) to give him rice cereal even though some people swear it helps them sleep longer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers