how's everyone feeling?

iVillage Member
how's everyone feeling?
Wed, 02-20-2013 - 7:26pm

aside from tired, that is.  i'm sure we're all feeling our fair share of the effects of sleepless nights.

now that asher is 6 weeks old, i'm healing pretty well.  i feel like the episiotomy is pretty well healed.  my tailbone bruised during delivery and that's getting better but i still have a ways to go there.  i can at least sit normally now (progress!)  but it's still quite sore some days.  unfortunately, this is just something that requires plenty of time to heal. 

i dug out the regular clothes last week and can fit into them, but they definitely don't look the same on me!  i'm not at all used to having a belly, and i still have some jelly belly going on!  i can't wait until that goes back to normal!  i'm only about 6lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight (pretty sure this is mostly in by boobs as i'm currently sporting 34Fs... yikes!!).  i got some new, loose-fitting shirts to replace the fitted ones i normally wear.  i know these things take time (especially for a 35 year old body!) but i'm getting impatient.  got the go-ahead from the doctor to start exercising, so hopefully i'll find a program that works for me.

overall, i'm feeling great.  tired, but i'm in love with my little guy and with being a mommy!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-23-2013 - 11:13am

I'm glad you're doing well! Sorry to hear you're still in a little bit of pain from delivery. Recovery is a little rough, for sure! Are you planning to have any more kids? I know, a little soon to ask, but I figured people have a general idea if they are going to have more or not. Are you BF or FF?

I'd love two more (but I may only be able to talk DH into one more). If I had my perfect family, I'd have a girl and then another boy. We started out breastfeeding, but I couldn't keep up with what he was eating. I ended up pumping and bottle feeding, so I knew exactly how much he was eating, but I was only getting 1-hour of sleep at a time, so I switched to formula after a week and now it's 3-hours at a time. I feel so guilty about that, too.

I feel good, other than being tired. My little guy is still getting up every 3 hours. I had my son eight weeks ago and still have 5lbs to loose to get down to pre-pregnancy weight. I was able to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants after two weeks, but more comfortably now. I still have jelly belly, but just started going to the gym two weeks ago. My plan was to go Mon- Fri and still is, but I've only went 7/10 days because I'm tired after getting up 2x at night/early morning. I'm going to do my best to stay motivated beacuse I want to get down to a size 7 (from my current size 11 in juniors).

As far as my son goes, he loves baths (now- it took 3 weeks), his swing (also took 3 weeks) and bouncy seat. He's also doing much better with tummy time. We've been trying to let him take naps in his pack and play and crib occassinally to get him used to them more, but he still doesn't like them. He also hates his carseat. He'll usually cries himself out while in it and I feel so bad, but there's nothing I can really do. I try to make sure we feed, change, and burp him before we put him in there. I even for the most part try to make sure that he's semi asleep after the feeding, changing, burping, but if he wakes up and realizes he's in there, he'll cry. I need to get a carrier for while we're in stores because that gets rough. I usually end up packing him and DH pushes the stroller. He's getting heavy- already 12+lbs, so it's getting harder to pack him, especially packing him if he needs to eat.  I love to talk with my son- he started cooing at 5 weeks! I also love to see DH interaction with him. He's just an awesome baby and I love that he's my son (I'm his mommy), I feel truly blessed!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 8:02am

I can definitely relate to the tiredness! While I was pg I was gettin 10-11 hours a night but now I'm only gettin around 7 so it's makin a big difference. I am fortunate that Jemima only feeds once durin the night, occasionally twice, so it could be much worse!

My episiotomy is pretty muched healed and my loss has just finished, was 7 weeks with DS so pleased it was only 5 weeks this time. DS is startin to hint that he wants some bedroom action so he may get lucky soon!

I have 9-10lb left to lose and have major jelly belly too. I fit in most of my old tops fine but the jeans give me bad muffin top so I've invested in some bigger high-waisted jeans to keep me goin for now. I plan on joinin Weight Watchers soon, I lost over a stone usin WW after I had DS, but don't want to start restrictin my calorie intake too soon incase it affects my milk supply. I'm currently expressin 4 times a day and producin more than enough milk. Jemima has 6-7 feeds a day, 6oz at a time, so she has a great appetite, and I'm producin 40-50oz a day so I also have a good supply of frozen milk too.

Jemima still sleeps alot, she generally has a few hours on an evenin where she wants total one-to-one attention which can be difficult, especially when I need to express and she wants to be held, but I've learnt that if I lie her on her front over my lap she generally settles and that allows me to use the breast pump at the same time. DH is generally tryin to put DS to sleep! She loves a bath once she is in it but does not enjoy gettin stripped off and if she is in a deep sleep and you disturb her she doesn't hesitate to let you know she isn't happy about it! She hasn't been weighed for a couple of weeks (she was 10lb 2oz at 3 weeks) but she is gettin weighed this week, I'm guessin she is comin up to 12lb now and will probably be goin into 3-6m clothes at 6w!

Me and DH defo have our hands full at the moment with two but they are more than worth it. We think we might like to have number 3 and possibly 4 at some point but not right now, maybe 4-5 years time.

Enclosed are a few shots of the monkies.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-27-2013 - 3:32pm

Leila, you have beautiful children! Your kids sound like they're doing really well!

My son outgrew newborn clothes at 2 weeks and was on 0-3  month clothes until 8 weeks. Now he's in 3 month clothes. Although, the sleepers are too small (lengthwise).

I only bled for one week and spotted the second week. We waited a month before bd (but I pleasured him)Embarassed and that's only because my stitches were still healing. I just got AF yesterday, 8 weeks and 2 days post partum, but I'm also not breast feeding. We bought condoms as our form of BC, but we used the withdrawal method so far.

I love being back at the gym and even though I've only lost 2lbs so far, I just feel more energized. Most of the time I'm in the house, so it's also a way for me to get out of the house (and by myself).

Attachment: 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-28-2013 - 7:50am

You have the cutest baby ever!