lingering symptoms?

iVillage Member
lingering symptoms?
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 11:25am

i keep reading that breast/nipple tenderness usually goes away by about week 14.  i'm 15 weeks today and that shows no signs of going away any time soon.

anyone else still dealing with soreness/tenderness?  i wonder if it has to do with more than hormones, like the growth in size?  i'm normally a C and i'm now pushing a DD, so i'm wondering if that's part of the soreness... still hoping i don't end up with stretch marks on the ta-tas!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 8:24pm
Im definitely still tender in the breast area. Nipples especially. And ive started with the shooting pains in my breasts too. Fun!
springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 6:47am
My breast doesn't seem to be sore but the rest of my body is!!! I have in fact noticed that my breast are getting much bigger. So I see where the 10 pounds I've gained gone to lol

@ j8 my dh started getting pimples on his face as if he was having hormonal changes... weird right! He's craving panda express and chipolete ewwww
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 3:50pm

I don't have breast tenderness anymore, but I do have extra sensitive nipples. I apply lotion 2-3/day to try to prevent stretchmarks. Genetics play a huge role, along with how much weight you gain, skin elasticity, if you stay hydrated (to prevent dry/cracked skin), etc. My mom didn't get stretch marks and she had my sister and I 11 months apart (so she got pregnant 2 months after my sister was born), I drink 8-9 cups of water/day, and have only gained 4lbs so I figured if I can keep this up I'm good. Now I know if your nurse your breast get bigger too because of the milk supply, so that may be an issue, but it's just one of the many battle scars of motherhood.

It's funny because my husband has been getting cravings, having heartburn/indigestion, bloating, etc- I'm surprised with how much this pregnancy is affecting him physically.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Community Leader
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 2:48pm

Thanks! Me too!

I just got stretchmarks on one (.) and I didn't get them til after I'd given birth with DS, I got a blockage on that side when he was a few months old and it took like 24 hours to get it to clear so it was full all that time and that's when I got the stretchmarks, or baby lines as I prefer to call them!

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 2:44pm
oh no! so sucky you still have some nausea. i'll take sore BBs over that ANY DAY! hope that improves for you soon!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Community Leader
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 2:40pm

I'm 15 weeks too and I still have very full and tender (.)(.). I also still have nausea some days. Hoped that would have gone by now!

Photobucket

the baby countdown