movement!

iVillage Member
movement!
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 11:16am

i was right on time with the average expectations and started feeling little flutters/pokes last week at 18 weeks.  i'm 19 weeks today and i think i could feel some movements on the outside of my belly this morning.  could that be happening already?  of course it was JUST after DH left (literally maybe a minute) for work so i didn't get to call him over to feel it.  i know he'll be so excited when he can feel something!  baby has been pretty active today... getting used to feeling strange things inside, especially since i have ulcerative colitis and i'm used to only unpleasant things going on in my belly!  a nice change for sure!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
In reply to: noelsgal
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 2:00pm

hello!! how exciting!! my son has been very active-probably since about 12 weeks. the last couple of weeks, he must be doing aerobics or something-lol. cuz i feel flutters and pokes and jumps all the time. i think i first felt him move around in june-at about 9 weeks along, but more regularly since 12 weeks. i think 19 weeks sounds about right!! i love this part of pregnancy-it really starts to sink in that theres a lil person in there!!!! take care!!
JOANNE

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 5:10pm
I'm 21 weeks and Skylar is now very active, I swear I felt her arm a few days ago. DH finally feels her move all the time. I had my 9 month old laying on my chest and Skylar was just kicking away lol now I have an idea as to when she moves so when I don't feel movement I wake her up lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 6:01pm

Such an exciting time in pregnancy. I started feeling the baby pretty early, like 14 weeks, but definitely more consistent at 16 weeks on. Now, I can feel it everytime he moves. I can feel him from the outside, but I'm sure that's just because I can also feel him from the inside, so I already know what I'm feeling. DH can't feel him yet, but I'm sure it'll be soon.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:10am
baby was active again last night. DH was already half asleep, but he woke up and was able to feel one big movement and maybe another smaller one. what a fun first for him! :smileyhappy:

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:22am
Yay!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers