nursery status?

iVillage Member
nursery status?
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 10:47am

i'd love to hear where everyone is at with their nursery planning/decorating.

we've been in the new house for three weeks now and haven't done much at all.  i have several items of borrowed baby gear that are just sitting in the room that wil become the nursery.  we bought a 4' stuffed giraffe last weekend (it's so cute!).  i ordered a crib (davinci kalani in espresso) and a crib mattress last night, so now i'm super excited for that to come in.

we're going with a classic/traditional type theme for the nursery, kind of to match the feel of the house (built in 1920 with tons of character still intact). but don't have a ton of details worked out just yet.  i have several ideas pinned on pinterest and will just have to see what i can find that guides me in the process.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:26am
i have no idea. the whole concept of becoming a food source seems so strange to me! i do have a nice breast pump and will plan to use that as much as i can for as long as seems fit (maybe 6 months or so?). at least we do have the law in minnesota that employers must allow mothers time to pump. not all states have even that.

Diane

Community Leader
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:29am

That's good. I'm not the type of person that could get a boob out in front of people to feed, I'd be one of these sat on the toilet to feed when out n about, so bein able to put it in a bottle was great. The pumpin is time takin but when I was feelin fed up, I had a fridge magnet that said 'every day counts' and that would spur me on to do another day and another day until unfortunately i dried up

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:32am
our building gives us access to an empty suite. it's not plush or beautiful, but it's a private space with a lock on the door. nice to not have to sit in a bathroom stall.

i'm not quite sure yet how i'll feel about BFing in public. i have a hooter hider from a friend. i'm not overly shy or modest, but i definitely don't need to show any boob to strangers. covered might be fine enough for me.

Diane

Community Leader
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:37am

You'll probably find that once you've got into a routine wth BF at home you'll not even think about it when you do it in public, it'll just  be natural to you

Photobucket

Pages