Plus size mama's?

iVillage Member
Plus size mama's?
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:09pm

I was wondering are there any big mama's out there? Last year I started out at 283 and with a good eating plan and hard work outs I got down to 249! I struggled for a bit and gained about 20lb back (meds for diabetes will do that) so I started out this pregnancy at 276ish. Im now at 291. It's hard hard watching the scale climb but I wont allow myself to gain 65 lbs like I did with my son. I was 350lb when I delivered him. Yikes! Anyhow, how are we all feeling about being pregnant and be a big mama? I feel good! Starting to round out finally! I got a doppler and was surprised how easy it is to find my baby girl even with the padding!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:58pm
I've lost a lot weight pre-pregnancy but haven't lost the mentality at all and I'm still considered overweight. I was 220 at my heaviest and after years got down to a low of 145. Most of that was because I went from a desk job to a job that I'm on my feet all night. I put some back on and was up to almost 170 when I got pregnant. I have been so focused for years about watching calories and not eating you much that it's taking a definite effort to remember I have to eat more and not be trying to loose, and that weight gain is a GOOD thing right now.

I'm just now (at 18 weeks) starting to gain anything because I lost a lot from nausea first trimester. With DD is put on WAY too mcg and hoping not to do that this time! I try to make jokes about the baby hiding behind the fat because you can't already see that I'm showing at all yet. I can tell because my clothes are tighter but I still just look fat. I make jokes about it but I'm actually extremely self cautious about it!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:28pm

i have absolutely no idea how much i weighed with dd, but i was definitely pushing 300. i was probably like, 275-280. i lost 25 lbs over the course of my pregnancy with her. i only gained like 2 lbs at  the end. and i wasnt like, watching what i was eating or anything. i just couldnt eat as much, and i think being that i wasnt drinking and all the way i was before, is why i lost so much. when she was about 6 months old, i joined weight watchers and took off 50 lbs over the course of 2ish years. i started ww at 276, so i was around 225 when i got pregnant this time. ive only gained like 5 lbs so far, which i think is ok. i was hoping to have a repeat of last time, but no such luck lol. i am really determined to not gain a ton of weight. im not really being super careful or anything, i just only eat when im hungry, and until im satisfied. which is totally a weight watchers mind set/side effect lol. i plan to go right back as soon as i can :smileyhappy:

springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182