Push Presents

iVillage Member
Push Presents
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 6:45pm

This is the newest trend, so I wonder if a push present is expected or if it's just nice to get from DH? Is it weird to put in requests for possible push presents? What are your thoughts, ladies?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 6:47pm

I don't remember when I first heard about this, but I know it's been a while. Before DH and I even started TTC, I remember mentioning the idea to him, which he was for at the time. I still might mention to him to see what he says, but our third wedding anniversary is in November, a couple of days after our shower, (we've been together for 11 1/2 years) and the third anniversary is supposed to be leather or crystal. I found crystal earrings at Swarovski Crystal I already told him about and I'll probably get him a leather wallet. I don't have a big jewelery collection and we like to go with traditional gifts. I don't think it's weird and yes the baby is gift enough, but after carrying the baby for 10 months and putting our bodies what we put them through to have our children, I think it's the least our husbands can do is treat us to something special. It doesn't have to be a lot of money, but something that lets reminds us how much they appreciate us. It's like when you come home to flowers for no reason. I like the idea!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:13pm
Well I got the idea last year when I was prego with my son. DH and I saw it on pregnant and Hill. So I told him that since I was giving him his son, I wanted Diamonds lol. He ended up getting me a princess cut pave diamond ring. Oh how I love it!! It kept my quiet for awhile. I didn't expect a new car or anything lol I love the idea. Doesn't have to be anything big but something meaningful
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 9:38am
pretty sure DH has never heard of a push present. this should definitely be something they cover in childbirth classes! :smileywink:

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 10:58am
Lol @ noelsgal! Girl u bette put that bug in his ear. This year my due date is sooo close to xmas I don't know what to do. Imma think of something to hint around for.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:20pm

I just asked DH if I was still getting a push present and he asked me what I wanted, lol, I'm so lucky! The only thing I can think of is the 4D ultrasound, but that would be like 2 months early and little more expensive then I'd like him to pay for. I'll have to think of something unless that's what I get. Our anniversary is in November and he's getting me jewelry for that, so...

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:49pm
they didn't do 4D at your anatomy ultrasound? they did for mine, without even asking. it was so fun to see baby moving - almost looked like he was dancing! :smileyhappy:
i'm still getting bills for the NT scan (almost $500 so far - whoops!) so hopefully i won't get any big billsfor the anatomy scan. i have a follow-up u/s in a couple weeks, and i don't know what the plan is for that one.

i'll have to start thinking about push presents...

Diane

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 8:48pm

No, just the 2D ultrasound. But it's nice that you got to have one for your gender ultrasound! I feel a little spoiled because we've had four total ultrasounds at 6 weeks, 10 weeks, 11 weeks, and 20 weeks. I've had plenty of peeks at the baby at different stages. I'd like to do the 4D ultrasound, but it's really just the money holding me back. I can just see it being better spent on a breast pump or something, which I'll still get regardless. At least if I do get the 4D ultrasound they give you a $100 gift card towards a Medela breast pump + $75 spa services (would be nice in 3rd trimester or after I have the baby).

I hope you don't get too many other bills... having a baby is expensive enough with what we have to buy and delivery costs. It's nice that you get another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Unless I get the 4D ultrasound, I won't be getting another. Also, if I do get it,  I'd like to do it around 30 weeks that way I can get a good look at features, but he would still be moving around some. If I wait too much longer beyond that, then I could just wait to see him in person.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:12am
i'm the same way... 4 ultrasounds so far. early one at 6 wks (regular only) for dating and viability (after the m/c), one at 8 wks (regular and 3D) because of a little spotting, one at 12wks (regular and 3D) for the NT scan, 21wks for anatomy scan (regular, 3D, 4D). again, not sure what they'll do in two more weeks, but i'm guessing it'll just be a quick peek.
you've gotten 3D pictures at least, from your anatomy scan, right? so fun to see the face and little toes! the 4D, with the addition of time (=movement) is pretty cool, but not sure how much it would be worth in dollars when there IS so much more to buy!

Diane

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 7:17pm

Nope, just the regular 2D one. I was so good shopping today though. I really wanted leopard print heels, leggings, and a necklace/earing set that would have cost $60 total, but I resisted after browsing the baby department. We're registering tomorrow and it just reminds me of how much we need.