Reasons to be HAPPY about not being pregnant

iVillage Member
Reasons to be HAPPY about not being pregnant
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 6:07pm

1) I can bend in the middle

2) No more swelling ankles/feet/hands

3) No more getting up in the middle of the night to pee (although, there are other reasons to be up!) Smile

4) I can eat a whole meal without worrying about heartburn/acid reflux

5) I can eat lunch meat again!

6) I can shave w/o help

7) I can wear gym shoes again!

8) I can wear my wedding ring again!

9) I can sleep on my stomach again!

10) My stretch marks, while still noticable, aren't as noticable (since they aren't as stretched)- yep, I ended up getting my first stretch mark at 33 weeks and more every week until I had the baby.

11) I'm not snoring anymore- not sure what that had to do with pregnancy, but apparently something since I didn't before pregnancy or after (oh and my baby snores like his daddy- too funny!)

12) I can have more caffeine. I don't drink pop, coffee or tea, but I love chocolate!

13) I have my body back (although, in a anothe form) since I lost all the baby weight within two weeks.

14) I can see my toes again!

15) Wearing pre-pregnancy clothes again. Although, now they fit differently (tighter on the hips and I have "jelly belly")

Now, while of course like everyone says you miss feeling the baby move inside you (even when the movements kept you up), holding your baby in your arms and stairing into their eyes as they stare back in yours is 100x better!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2013 - 12:02pm

I agree with yours, too! Although, I still had some bowel issues while recovering... things are back to normal now, thank goodness!

Congrats on getting back into your pre-pregnancy jeans and them being loose! I also go into my pre-pregnancy jeans (size 10) after two weeks (since that's when I lost the pregnancy weight), but they were snug, so I decided to wait until I was six weeks post-partum and they fit normal now. I got back to the gym this week and it feels great- I would like to get down to 130, but I guess as long as I feel comfortable with how I look, I'll be okay with that. My biggest problem area is my stomach (post pregnancy)- ugh!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 2:29pm

hello!! and congrats to you!! my lil man came early too-on the 27th...anyway, i agree with all your reasons to be happy...ill add a few of my own:
-wondering if every ache is labor or not.
-being able to walk up and down stairs without getting winded.
-being able to take whatever i want to for a headache, etc.
-constipation is gone.
-wondering and worrying if everything is going to go fine with labor, delivery and afterward.

i wanted to add-im wearing one of my favorite pairs of prepregnancy jeans-theyre 12's and theyre actually loose in the waist. ;-)
JOANNE 

Community Leader
Sun, 01-20-2013 - 5:14am

This made me smile because I agree with it all!