Rising scale numbers..

iVillage Member
Rising scale numbers..
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 5:35pm

After having nausea and food aversions- no appetite first trimester, it's strange to always be hungry now.
Okay, so I haven't been eating the best either, but I crave a food and have to have it. It's so hard to see the numbers rise on the scale.

Anyone else having difficulty seeing the rising numbers?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 4:52pm
I haven't gained in the past 2 months. I don't know how I haven't bc my stomach is getting huge and I haven't been eating the best either.

<br><br> 

Community Leader
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 3:29am

I'm about 6lb up, average for this stage is 5-10lb.

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 9:11am

I'm up at 6lbs as well. I haven't worked out in two weeks because I was geting my car worked on, but I'm going to start going back to the gym this week. Hopefully that helps along with trying to change my eating habits.

I felt really bad especially since DH said that I haven't been eating that healthy. I've been eating the same thing he's been eating, not as much of course, so it's hard to eat healthier when he doesn't. But, it's best for me and baby, so I'm going to have to make an effort to change it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 9:31am
i keep thinking i need to start eating more healthful foods, too. it's so nice to be able to eat again without feeling sick, so i've definitely been enjoying that. i still haven't fallen back into the mode of cooking more often again, so it's just been a lot of whatever DH makes or what's quick and available. I'm getting close again to my normal weight (about 2 pounds to make up still from being sick), but my belly is definitely growing, and it's surreal!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:59am
I'm up 10 pounds since I've gotten pregnant.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 12:28pm

You're still in the normal range. Plus, I think you're about a week ahead of everyone else. I was going to start going back to the gym today, but I woke up peeved at DH because I had a dream that he wasn't paying attention during our ultrasound appointment he wanted to add numbers. On top of that, in the dream we had a horrible ultrasound tech that didn't even tell us the gender and printed out the pictures on white garbage bags. Don't ask me why... it doesn't even make sense. I tried to go back to sleep, so I didn't yell at him over a dream, so I slept too late. Oh well, I guess I can start going back to the gym tomorrow. I haven't been able to go the past couple of weeks because my car was gettting worked on. Once I start going I am motivated and always feel better after I work-out.

Plus, I feel bigger than I am. Obviously, I get bloated after I eat, but I'm still in my normal clothes. I did order maternity clothes online yesterday, so I have things to wear to work when school starts back, but I ordered a size up on the bottoms. I think I'll probably have to go to the store to exchange them. I just figured- room to grow, but I don't think that's necessary.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 12:36pm

I bought some veggies and fruit at the store, so I feel good I'm at least trying to make an effort. I was doing good for a while, but "fell off the wagon" the last couple of weeks. It's hard to eat healthy when DH doesn't eat lots of fruits and veggies, but I have to do it not only for me, but for the baby.

Once I start back at the gym too I know I'll do much better. Plus, it always makes me feel better. I think I feel bigger than I am. I can't wait to have a round baby belly. I guess we still have about two more months until we get to that point.

Community Leader
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 7:14am
Sorry you had a bad dream. I'm sure the real ultrasound will be much better than that!
I've just started wearin my maternity clothes n I feel so much more pregnant in them, it's great!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:11am

I've been having strange dreams anyway. I've been keeping a journal for some of them. Yeah, I'm sure the ultrasound will be better than that, too, lol. I ordered my maternity clothes, but really they're for school since they're dressy. Two more weeks before I can wear mine. I need to get more casual ones to wear when I'm not working, but school clothes were more important for now. I ordered them from JC Penny and Old Navy. I did get a couple of pants from Burling Coat Factory since they were only $10. I just hope the bottoms fit. I ordered a size up... now I'm thinking I'll probably have to go in the store to exchange them. DH doesn't think it'll be an issue or at least I can make it work. I probably can, they may just be a little baggy, which I'm sure I'll appreciate the last two months.

My stomach isn't that big yet, but it definitely gets bigger throughout the day when I eat. I'm glad that you feel more comfortable and pregnant!