Sleep...or lack of!!

Community Leader
Sleep...or lack of!!
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 7:59am

The last week or so it seems no matter how many cushion I try and no matter how many positions I just can not get comfortable in bed and then I ache everywhere the next day. Any suggestions please?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 10:30am

I wish I had some advice for you, but I am going through it myself. I sleep with a regular body pillow right now, but I have to roll it with me when I roll over. Plus, between getting up in the middle of the night 2x to pee, bigger belly, and having a cold this week, it was been extra awful. Plus, I've been kind of stretching out in my sleep, but it seems to cause leg cramps- weird!

I've had issues when I've been asleep and then start having a coughing fit and on the verge of puking, but I found sleeping kind of propped (on my side)  vs. just laying flat (on my side) helped with that (I guess indigestion/heartburn).

GL and I hope you find some relief. Otherwise, I'd say call the doc and see what they can recommend. I've had to call twice this week for this cold. The first time they recommended Sudafed, which kept the running nose down, but then I still had a phlegmy cough, so I had to call back and now I'm on Robotussion. I hate taking meds when pregnant, but you have do what you have to do.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 8:26am

im a side sleeper. i find, a pillow between the knees and a pillow under my belly is most comfortable. annoying when i have to turn over, but i dont wake up in pain lol

springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182
Community Leader
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 8:29am

That's what I tried last night and it seemed to work yey!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 10:19am
I cuddle with my body pillow. Its like my new lover lol. I have to wrap my legs and arms around it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:04am
i think i've slept through the night maybe twice in the last couple of months. i'm exhausted as a result! it's having to pee, back pain, runny nose, even a charley horse one night! seems like always something to wake me! i have a pregnancy pillow, maybe it's time to switch to that (even though it's really bulky!) and maybe it'll at least help with the back pain.

here's hoping we all get some good sleep!!!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013