Spring chit-chat

iVillage Member
Spring chit-chat
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 2:17pm

I wanted to start a spring chit-chat to discuss goings on in family or mommy life. This board has been so quiet because of the changes and I'm hoping people will start coming back if they see we at least have one active discussion.

Does anyone have spring vacation planned?

How's your LO doing?

Are you working or SAHM? If you returned back to work, how has it been transitioning back to work after baby? If you are a SAHM, how has your life changed since your LO's arrival?

Do you plan to have any more children? If so, how when do you plan to TTC again?

How many children do you have? How old are they? How are they transitioning to the baby?

What toys does your baby play with?

Anything else you want to share?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 5:26am

Yup still waitin for my first period. I don't feel so much like it's on its way now so not sure what's goin on!

DD has amazing strength the way she lifts her head and shoulder up when she is on her front but she hasn't rolled over yet. I've got a pic of her watchin the tv on her front, I can't upload it at the min but I will later and post it for you to see.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 8:32pm

Did you end up starting?

That's awesome that she's able to lift her head and shoulders up. The rolling over will come in time.

I've been getting out the house a lot with my son. I'm so proud of myself for being able to feel confident to do it by myself and now that it's warmer I definitely don't want to be couped up in the house. I've met up with a couple of friends of mine from high school (that I haven't talked to since high school other than on FB), who also have kids around Ricky's age. Just this week we went to the park, mall walking, the zoo, my old job, my dad's house, and my friend's house. DH has been working a lot with his dad, so we've been off our sleep schedule and with running around, I've been a little more tired lately. When I took Ricky to the zoo, I was with DH cousin and her son, who is three. We went at 10am and stayed until 2pm and Ricky was really red, so I thought he got burnt. Although, I wasn't sure how since he had sunblock on and his head was covered. Appparently, it was because he was hot, which I noticed he gets hot really easy, so I kept having to pour water on him. I find it getting easier everyday the older he gets/the more independent he becomes. This is him at the park... Oh and I put him in grass for the first time and he didn't even seem to care, lol.

Community Leader
Sat, 05-04-2013 - 7:39am

Nope the witch never arrived!

I've attached the pic I was tellin you about. Your little man is so cute, he's gettin so big!

I've been tryin to get out a bit more recently too, especially now the weather is improving. We're currently doin some work in the garden but once that is done will get Jemima out on the grass. I can't imagine it will scare her either coz nothin seems to! Benjamin was the opposite. Can't wait for them both to get some colour!

I've been puttin Jemima in the bumbo a bit, just for a few minutes at a time coz she's still a bit young, but she seems to enjoy sittin up on her own.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af288/sheepgobaa/Picture082_zps61d4d8b6.jpg

Community Leader
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 4:29pm

The witch arrived on Fri! 16 weeks and 1 day post delivery!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 11:54am

I was wondering if you'd start or not. That's a good thing, though, right?! Plus, weren't you breastfeeding? I only BF for a week because I couldn't keep up with how often Ricky was eating and it still took me 8 1/2 weeks to start the first one.

I hope you had a great Mother's Day! I've been working with Ricky to get him to sit up unsupported and holding his own bottle- he's doing okay with both, but he has some work to do, lol. I've been trying to find the dang jumperoo, but they don't keep them in stores, I have to order it online, so I have to wait another week+ for that- grr... tummy/floor time isn't cutting it anymore. Plus, I've been trying to transition Ricky to his crib at least for naps. He does okay with it, but usually wakes up half way through and I have to pat him until he goes back to sleep- I'm having a hard time letting him self soothe. He's still sleeping in his swing at night, but for some reason it didn't swing last night- maybe he's too heavy? He's 16 1/2lbs and 26in and in 6-9 month clothes now. Oh and he rolled over from his back to his belly last week, but then he gets stuck in his belly and get frustruated, which is funny because he learned to roll over from his belly to his back at 2 months. He's been reaching/grabbing at toys for weeks now, but it's cool to see that skill develop. I got him one of those starter cups with handles to teach him to hold his bottle better. Our doctor gave us the "go ahead" on starting solids (Ricky is 19 weeks now), but I'm going to wait one more week. I am going to make his baby food though. Also, they have baby pictures at the movies for moms so you can enjoy current movies and take your baby- it's only once a month, but I was thinking about taking Ricky for something different.

I hope all is well with you!

Pages