Spring chit-chat

iVillage Member
Spring chit-chat
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 2:17pm

I wanted to start a spring chit-chat to discuss goings on in family or mommy life. This board has been so quiet because of the changes and I'm hoping people will start coming back if they see we at least have one active discussion.

Does anyone have spring vacation planned?

How's your LO doing?

Are you working or SAHM? If you returned back to work, how has it been transitioning back to work after baby? If you are a SAHM, how has your life changed since your LO's arrival?

Do you plan to have any more children? If so, how when do you plan to TTC again?

How many children do you have? How old are they? How are they transitioning to the baby?

What toys does your baby play with?

Anything else you want to share?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 7:27am

My little boy turned 2 last week so there's 21 1/2 months between them. Are you excited at the thought of havin another one? We had a slight slip up last night but hopefully we won't be havin another one in the near future Undecided We defo have our hands full right now, I especially do when I'm watchin the two of them on my own durin the day when DH is out at work.

I'm hopin more people are gonna join in at some point, I was really lookin forward to hearin everyones birth stories but everyone has vanished. I'm CL on PAL (Pregnant after a Loss) and it's the same over there, just absolutely dead. Guess we can just keep the threads goin and hopefully others will pop in at some point n leavae a comment or two

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 6:51am

Thanks, everyone who sees him says he looks like he should be twice the age he is, lol.

Looks like it's just the two of us checking in from time to time. I hope more people join in. I'd love to hear more about her your daughter is doing or how your son is adjusting to being a big brother. Your kids are adorable. Looks like your son is really attched to his little sister. What the age difference because he looks like he's about 2 years older. I hope you're able to stay homw with your kids. Are you going to have any more? do you find it harder or easier having them close together?

I agree about four months. I felt like 3 months or even 2 months for that matter was more fun with him smiling, cooing, laughing, rolling over, etc. As MIL put it, each month it gets easier. I can't wait to have another, but no sooner than fall of 2014 (2 years apart). The newborn phase is exhausting (particularly the first two months).

I just reached out to several friends and family today to fill up my April calendar to have more adult interaction- of course having the baby with me. I love being home with my son and seeing him experience everything for the first time, but that's the day hardest is just all baby all day. I guess it could be worse, I get to work out every day (if I choose) during the baby's nap time- dh is working from home right now, so his schedule is fairely flexible at least for the next two months. I feel like I've been spoiled having him here (and fortunate)... I have no idea how I'll do all this again with him out of the house. Luckily, he only has to get a PT job, so he'll still be here some. Ideally, within the next two years, his goal is to be able to make enough money from home to not have to work outside of the home.

I agree about the toys. I can't wait to get him the jumpero in a couple of weeks. He's doing well sitting with support- like propped in the corner of the couch. He's been so inquistive about his hands lately, too. He stares at them intently. He's been kicky recently, too. He'll kick his bath tub and bouncy seat. Today, we took him out in the stroller without the seatseat and he was sucking on the strap (he puts everything in his mouth now) and propped his feet on the tray.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 8:52pm

Thanks, everyone who sees him says he looks like he should be twice the age he is, lol.

Looks like it's just the two of us checking in from time to time. I hope more people join in. I'd love to hear more about her your daughter is doing or how your son is adjusting to being a big brother. Your kids are adorable. Looks like your son is really attched to his little sister. What the age difference because he looks like he's about 2 years older.

I agree about four months. I felt like 3 months or even 2 months for that matter was more fun with him smiling, cooing, laughing, rolling over, etc. As MIL put it, each month it gets easier. I can't wait to have another, but no sooner than fall of 2014 (2 years apart). The newborn phase is exhausting (particularly the first two months).

I just reached out to several friends and family today to fill up my April calendar to have more adult interaction- of course having the baby with me. I love being home with my son and seeing him experience everything for the first time, but that's the day hardest is just all baby all day. I guess it could be worse, I get to work out every day (if I choose) during the baby's nap time- dh is working from home right now, so his schedule is fairely flexible at least for the next two months. I feel like I've been spoiled having him here (and fortunate)... I have no idea how I'll do all this again with him out of the house. Luckily, he only has to get a PT job, so he'll still be here some. Ideally, within the next two years, his goal is to be able to make enough money from home to not have to work outside of the home.

I agree about the toys. I can't wait to get him the jumpero in a couple of weeks. He's doing well sitting with support- like propped in the corner of the couch. He's been so inquistive about his hands lately, too. He stares at them intently. He's been kicky recently, too. He'll kick his bath tub and bouncy seat. Today, we took him out in the stroller without the seatseat and he was sucking on the strap (he puts everything in his mouth now) and propped his feet on the tray.

Community Leader
Wed, 04-10-2013 - 1:50pm

Ricky is doin so well! He looks so grown up in that pic, it's such a shame they grow up so fast. It's great that you don't have to return to work, I'm hopin to be able to do the same.

I'm lookin forward to Jemima reachin 4 months because it opens up so many more toys. We have a bumbo, a Leapfrog Activity Station and a door swing that are all suitable from 4 months. I feel like she is gettin to an age where she needs more attention to be occupied rather than just bein happy lookin round in her swingy chair.

Attached is a pic of her with her big brother.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 2:44pm

No vacation planned. We went out of town last weekend about three hours away and it was our first long car ride with the baby. The in-laws drove, so it wasn't too bad. He slept all the way back. I'd love to take a trip, but our money is really tight right now. 

My son is 14 weeks today! I was looking at his weekly pictures I've been posting on FB and he's grown so much. He's in 3-6 month clothes right now, but I'd say only for a couple more weeks. He's really long. He's almost too long for his swing and bouncy seat. We need to start transitioning him to his crib soon. He sleeps in his bouncy seat that we place in the crib. He naps in his swing. We started spoon feeding him oatmeal cereal and he tries to suck it off he spoon... hasn't quite figured it out yet. We only started it because he's been eating 5oz every two hours recently and he's really been paying attention to our food. He'll literally watch us pick it up and put it in our mouths. We're going to start getting his formula, diapers and wipes at Sam's Club in bulk beacuse it will save us $100/month, which really helpful since we're on limited income now. We decided we're going to start putting him to bed earlier because he takes an evening nap from 7:30-9:30 and we put him to bed for the night at 10pm, but he gets up at 2am to eat and sleeps until 6-7am. DH let him sleep through his nap to see how long he'd sleep and he slept until 2am without us waking him first, so we'll probably just start putting him to bed by 8pm.

I quit my job to be a SAHM. It's been really nice to be here all the time. I definitely get more done. There's no way I could have returned to a ful-time job and Ricky still getting up at night anyway. I feel like even if he wasn't getting up, I wouldn't be able to do both jobs to my full capacity. However, in another way I find it hard to be home all day:  the lack of adult interaction and it's all baby all the time. I wouldn't want to miss any of his milestones or any first experience. I think it would be a little easier if I let the in-laws watch him every once in a while so DH and I can have some couple time. I know they really want to, but I am having a hard time letting go. I also know it's important to help them bond with him, for my sanity (time away from him), and for dh to help maintain our relationship before baby (our us time). We've had "us" time, but while the baby was asleep, so working around his schedule and if he wakes up then it's over, so it's an adustment. Plus, since we worked out our sleeping arrangement... me from 10pm-6am and him from 2am-10am, so we both get 8 hours, we really don't get to sleep together long.

I'm not sure if I want one or two more children. I want to see how it goes with two to see if I want a third. If our next is a boy, then I'd only have the two anyway, but if I have a girl, it'll leave it more open. DH would love to only have two because he stil wants to be able to maintain our relationship and he feels like the more kids there are the harder it will be. I just feel like kids add so much to your life. As far as how close I want to have them... I'm not sure. Ideally, I would LOVE a 3-year age gap, but I feel pressured to have them closer (2-years apart, so TTC again when Ricky is 1) because I will be 29  this year (DH is 31) and I'm not sure if I want a third or not. I'm not sure if it would be easier to get the baby stuff over all at once too. Otherwise, I'd be out of it and then have to do it all over again.

Ricky is my only child right now.

Ricky loves rattles and anything that lights up. We're going to get him the jumperoo within the next couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for toys for a 3 month old?

I just can't wait for him to start sitting unassisted- he can sit propped up in the corner of the couch. He can roll over from belly to back. He's been teething for a while. He smiles, coos, and laughs all the time. I also can't wait to get out in the nice spring weather with him and in the pool this summer, especially since he loves baths now. He actually stopped crying in his carseat a couple of weeks ago, too. He loves when you walk with him. If you just try to stand him up, he'll start taking steps- it's too cute.

Pages