unreal

iVillage Member
unreal
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 2:28pm

hello all!! im just wondering if this whole thing feels unreal to anyone else. my sister bought me the crib and it came last week-my hubby and sister in law put it together...yep-there it is right behind me covered in a sheet...i went through baby clothes last week and managed to part with 2 bags of girl clothes that im not going to need and condensed what i have left into 1 box(i had 2 boxes full of clothes)and got the unisex/boy stuff together in another box(its a big box about halfway full, but the clothes are all jumbled together-if i washed and folded them-it would be about a third of the box)...i feel him kick and move every day...and none of it feels 100% real. i know that in about 3 months, i will have another baby, a boy. we're talking about having a shower, what we're going to name him, delivery, diapers and formula and i cant wrap my head around it. if i stop and think for a minute, i get a lil freaked out. am i ready to do this again? am i ready to start all over again? and part of me still keeps saying its not real. like im going to wake up and im not going to be pregnant. am i the only one experiencing this or anyone else feel like this isnt real????
JOANNE

iVillage Member
In reply to: jhbear419
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 8:39am

i know EXACTLY how you feel. its kind of abstract at this point, ya know? weve gotten some clothes from people and i personally have purchased a couple things. but, i really do have a lot to do. im recovering my carseat so its boyish, and i have to order the fabric for that. (side note, if anyone is having trouble finding fabric they love, www.spoonflower.com is a great website. its all custom designed fabric. its pricey, but there are sooooo many adorable things on there) we have done absolutely NOTHING to get our house ready. but thats because we want to talk to a mortgage person to see if we will qualify. if we do, were not doing anything to our house. if not, we are switching bedrooms with dd, and making that bedroom bigger. so, i really need to get on that and im just being a total slacker. i need to go through all dd's old clothes. i want to just keep my very favorite things and get rid of the rest. i feel like we probably wont have any more babies, dh thinks one more lol. we will see. but, i really dont need all these baby girl clothes just sitting around "in case". we have friends that have a 17 month old, and i told her i would weed through dd's bigger stuff. i just havent felt like it lol 
it feels weird to think that in like, 3 1/2 months, this baby will be here! i feel like this pregnancy has FLOWN BY. i think because i have dd, so im not just sitting dwelling on it 

springcttag.gif picture by Layla210182
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 3:44pm
i'm totally with you! we tried for so long for this, and know all the FACTS about what's going on, feel the movements, etc. but the reality that we're going to end up with a BABY (our first!) is sometimes completely surreal. i know it'll be great, but i just hope we'll be good parents and able to figure everything out as we should!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 8:41am
I'm the complete opposite, I'm ready to get this on the roll. As far as clothing I think I only need socks lol we only need to get pampers, baby bag and a car seat. I went crazy online and my sister came up from VA and bought three boxes of clothes. I just have to wash and fold everything. I've already started nesting so I'm cleaning like crazy yall. I'm just not ready to have a two babies under one roof lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 7:52am

I know exactly what you mean. I've bought a few pink outfits when we've been out shoppin but more because it's fun to buy baby clothes rather than because I can actually see myself havin a little girl in the not too distant future. We have nothin ready in the house yet because it just doesn't seem real. I'm usin the excuse that I don't need to do anythin yet because I've got everythin off havin my little boy but I think it's gonna be a shock when this little bundle arrives!

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 6:28pm

The only thing we have bought for the baby is a green camo onsie. We just officially booked the hall for our baby shower today- November 3, so that leaves exactly 8 weeks until due date to give us time to still get things we need. We're working on remodeling our bedroom for the next month or so (it adds up). Now that the school year has started back my pregnancy definitely seems to be going faster. Even though, I have heard/seen the heartbeat, seen the baby, and felt him move- it does seem a little unreal, even with all my pregnancy symptoms.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers