Weigh in

iVillage Member
Weigh in
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:32am
I am up to 152 lbs already. Holy crap. I've gained 22 lbs so far. This is bananas!!!!! Anyone else gaining a lot?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: macksmommy2b
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:42am

I've only gained 6 so far

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 6:45am

:smileywink:I've gained 10-12lbs (not sure since my weight fluctuates daily). I'm not even sure how because if anything I am more conscience of what I'm eating and walking more. Definitely drinking more water. I'm afraid my doctor will yell at me Tuesday for putting on 4-6lbs in a months time since my last appointment. I'd really like to try to stay at a 30lb weight gain if possible, but I know that most of the weight gained is in the third trimester and I still have 18 weeks to go... so hard to see the numbers creep up. And... now that I am in maternity clothes and depending on how they fit, I look more pregnant. Well, yesterday I didn't realize how pregnant I looked until I saw my reflection in a building while we were walking.

We always go all out for Halloween, too. The guys are always dress in scary costumes and scare the kiddos, while the girls theme together and pass out candy. Three years ago we did what we wanted until we came up with the idea to theme, Two years ago we did Batman, last year we did The Wizard of Oz, this year it's a Super Hero theme. I have no idea what I'm going to be since I'll be about 31 weeks pregnant by then (and feeling huge). I was just going to wear one of those super hero shirts with jeans, but my cousin suggested I piece different things together to make my own costume and DH wanted me to incorporate the bump somehow. I guess we still have time, but not knowing how big I'll be by then- grr! It's a lot of fun though because we go to haunted houses (even though I can't this year because I like to be scared, but I scare really easy and when I do, I fall), carve pumpkins, and have a Murder Mystery Party. Oh and don't forget watch scary movies every weekend that month. We're gearing up early this year.

Try to not worry too much about the weight gain- it is what it is and you are carrying a baby.  DH and I decided that after the baby comes and when I'm cleared to exercise, we're going to turn losing weight into a biggest loser competition. I want to lose the baby weight and try to get back down to my high school weight since I want to TTC again when our baby now is 9 months, so they're 18 months apart. I'll be nursing, too, so I'll have a little head start. :smileywink:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:30am
About the same here!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:39am
I'm 144 now, I've gained 15 pounds since my first appt. I'm trying not to gain as much weight this time around because it was just nine months ago I was the size of a football field when I was prego with my son. What's the average weight gain, is there a average weight gain?
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:43am
Eh I don't go by the average lol I started at 280. My dr didn't want me to gain more then 15lbs. I laughed. Get real. I won't gain the 70 I did with my son because I'm not eating EVERYTHING I see but 15lb? Really? LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 10:24am

Correction, 8lb as of this mornin!

Average weight gain for 21 weeks is 10-15lb

Photobucket

the baby countdown

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 3:22pm
I've noticed that prego women that starts out a little heavy usually lose weight in the early stage of pregnancy. When I was prego with my son I went crazy with food. My doctor ended telling me not to eat bread, rice, potatoes etc.. all the yummy white foods that I love
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 3:46pm

i've gained back the weight i lost early on, plus about 3 lbs.  but at the rate i've been eating lately, i think i'm probably going to put on about 20lbs this month!  currently pushing 115...

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 12:38am
It's weird because with my last baby I only gained 14 lbs the whole time
But I had a hard time eating anything but salad and fruit. This time around I'm soooo hungry alllll the time

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers