What Is Baby Eating?

iVillage Member
What Is Baby Eating?
Thu, 08-08-2013 - 2:30pm

What is baby eating these days?  Is he/she eating solid foods?  What are some of his/her favorites? Have you given finger foods a try yet?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-26-2013 - 11:06am
At 7.5 months old, Asher LOVES his foods. One glance at this chunky baby makes that clear! We started with applesauce at 6 months old. We've added lots of foods since then. I'll puree foods like pears or carrots, mash avocados or bananas, or give him Gerber foods like meat/veggie mixes. He's taken quite well to all of them. His favorite so far might have been the puree mixture of pears/bananas. We've started giving him the puffs that Gerber makes, too. He's just learning to put them into his mouth (doesn't always know how to let go once it's in there) but he loves them! It's so cute to see that mostly toothless mouth chomping on them for the few seconds before they dissolve. We've only been trying this for a couple of days, so I'm sure he'll master the art of self-feeding the puffs quite quickly.

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-13-2013 - 6:01pm

Ricky has been eating solids since 5 months (he's not 7 1/2 months). I have made all of his food. I started wtih purees and now he eats more finger type food. His favorite foods are spinach and peaches. Now that he has a couple of teeth (and one trying to come in) he's able to eat a little more. Yesterday, he had (pieces of) a blueberry waffle.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers